Telkom Kenya was established as a telecommunications operator under the Companies Act in April 1999. We provide integrated communications solutions in Kenya with the widest range of voice and data services as well as network facilities for residential and business customers.
Reporting to:Head of HR operations
We are seeking an individual who is dynamic by nature and passionate about people with a track record of delivering results to join our HR Team. This role is responsible to provide advise to Line Managers on conditions of service, employee relations issues and guidelines, grievance and disciplinary management, taking into account current employment and case law to influence best practice and operational activity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Telkom Kenya maintains good employee and industrial relations through effective management of disciplinary and grievance matters and an effective HR communication process.
- Provide technical expertise to managers on employment matters including, but not limited to investigations and separation
- Review all adverse reports on background check and establish and advise next steps.
- Manage various human resource plans and procedures ensuring consistent implementation of established company policy throughout the organization.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze exit data, and produce summary reports and trending analysis with recommendations on actions to be followed through.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices in the industry and across functions to facilitate continuous improvement in the area of employee and industrial relations.
- Consult with leaders on different employee relations issues
- Negotiation and interpretation of collective bargaining agreement and union matters
- Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results
- Explain and provide advice to HR, managers and employees about company policies and procedures and the need for compliance
- Streamline HR processes and develop, update and communicate related guidance materials.
- Develop and deliver training regarding HR policy and processes for HR, managers and other employees as needed
- Maintain employee files, organize and updates files accordingly and ensure that current & former employee files are maintained according to law.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- 3-5 years previous human resources experience working in a professional office environment.
- Previous experience resolving employee grievances and trade disputes required
- Professional Knowledge
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification e.g. post graduate diploma in HR
- Demonstrating a solid knowledge of laws relating to employment.
- Industry work experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable ability to work with confidential information
- Commercial orientation and business acumen
- Strategic orientation
- Result orientation
- Track record in developing self and others
- Persona effectiveness and credibility
- Process discipline and quality orientation
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Organization and communication skills
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
Method of Application
Application should be sent by 15th July 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply through link to be created and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.