AgriProFocus is a multi-stakeholder network that brings together institutions and professionals in agriculture and agribusiness. Established in the Netherlands in 2005, the network has expanded to 11 country networks in Africa and to Indonesia. The key mandate of AgriProFocus is to promote knowledge sharing and co-creation in order to trigger innovative agribusiness enterprises. The AgriProFocus Kenya network is part of the global AgriProFocus network. AgriProFocus Kenya has a membership of 110 organizations drawn from development sector, private sector, research and academia, public institutions and farmer based organisations. AgriProFocus Kenya has strategically placed itself as a neutral platform where institutions from various backgrounds converge and share experiences.
AgriProFocus Kenya is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to fill the position of marketing and communications facilitator.
About the position
As a network, our vision is to be the “go to network” in the agribusiness sector in Kenya. To achieve this, we need to position the network strategically in the sector. The main role of the marketing and communications facilitator is to profile AgriProFocus, both online and offline, through brand visibility, marketing the services of the network as well as develop and implement effective communication strategies both internally with the team and externally with network partners and stakeholders. This role supports the team to build and effective multi-stakeholder platform that promotes our core mission of making agribusiness work for development. The nature of the role dictates vibrancy, energy, self-drive and creativity.
Ngo / Non-Profit
Main roles and responsibilities
- The marketing and communications facilitator’s main tasks include:
- Network Building
- Develop member recruitment strategies and pro-actively grow the network membership in numbers and diversity both online and offline. In addition, facilitate and maintain an active and interactive online platform with members.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the Communication & Marketing Strategy of AgriProFocus at country level; align, develop and implement a country specific communication strategy and continuously builds a strong link with strategy level.
- Promote the Network’s vision, mission and values, services and work with the team to shape the network's image within the agri-food sector in Kenya.
- Support in the management of databases for donors, members, strategic partners, industry stakeholders keeping track on offers and demands for continuous strategic engagement. In addition to this update the database of organizational profiles and the country campaign list in MailChimp with email addresses of event participants or other relevant stakeholders after every event.
- Support communication with external stakeholders, prospective network members and the media. In addition maintain a broad network and relationship with key opinion leaders, media houses and strategic journalists; to continuously share network results.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with key communications persons of the network’s members, strategic partners and donors for constant exchange of information and promoting the network relevance among these key stakeholder groups.
- Communications and Marketing
- Developing all communication materials - fact sheets, brochures, banners among others, as required.
- Implementing the international branding manual, both internally with the team and externally with third party service providers.
- Guide and engage online platform users to ensure relevance of information posted on the platform.
- Developing and implementing targeted event branding and communication plans.
- Support the coordinator to develop and disseminate regular (bi-monthly) communication briefs of network results and activities to Network members and strategic partners
- Identify press opportunities; develop relevant content for the media, social media, partner/member websites, newsletters and press releases.
- Make use of visualization tools to communicate about achievements and results
- Real time reporting of key highlights on social media channels
- Take lead on continuous staff training on communication tips and tricks, reporting and use of medial channels for communication
- Ensure compliance of the team with the Network’s corporate image
- Support the team to steer quantitative and qualitative facts for determining programme communication strategies and actions
- Manage AgriProFocus social media pages (Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) including providing up to date content on a daily basis. In addition, monitor social media pages for members and partners in the sector for opportunities for the network.
- Moderate the online platform country-homepage on a daily basis including ensuring an update of all events within the network [AgriProFocus events as well as partner events]; and support partners through dissemination of partner events, activities, and opportunities on the online platform.
- Maintain a database of videos, photos and any other relevant media that can be used to communicate network results.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the country network’s monitoring, evaluation and learning by:
- Collect and analyze requests by members and other partners for matching, contacts or other questions for collaboration. In addition profile the diversity of the network members both online and offline to understand how to target specific interest groups within the network.
- Stimulate synergy and exchange between different learning platforms through quarterly online engagement of partners.
- Proactively communicate results from the network to stakeholders through various communication channels.
- Organize and publish reviews, articles and newsletters about activities on the online platform.
- Initiate and moderate online discussions, queries via the online platform, and social media pages.
- Other relevant roles
- Effective assistance of the Country Network Facilitator and Country Coordinator
- Contribute to the development of mid-term and annual reports.
- Reporting Lines
- The marketing and communications facilitator reports in Kenya to the Country Coordinator and with functional reporting to the Communication and Marketing Manager in the Netherlands.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or public relations.
- Very strong background in marketing and communications with at least 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a marketing and communications role preferably in the agribusiness sector. Part of the experience working in an international environment would be added advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of different communication tools including social media and other online tools.
- Have professional networks within the private and development sector actors in the agriculture sector.
- Experience in developing comprehensive communication materials - newsletters, online campaigns, fact sheets, banners, brochures.
- Experience in moderating online discussions.
- Experienced in use of, and active on online social networks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office applications as well as design programs that support communications.
- Excellent presenter, communicator, relationship builder, mediator and networker.
- Pleasant, positive attitude and ability to interact well with others.
- Work independently to a high standard and integrity.
- Well-structured and organised with strong ability to write or edit reports and business correspondence.
Method of Application
You are invited to submit an application with the following information:
- CV and cover letter detailing interest in the assignment.
- Narrative proposal and work plan for undertaking the assignment.
- Financial cost proposal.
- A sample of previous written analysis relating to procurement undertaken.
Like to apply?
Please submit the information to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org