- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance & Administration Manager at Akili Dada
Posted on: 12 July, 2018
Deadline: 25 July, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator cultivating trans-formative leadership in a generation of young African women. Our leadership development model creates the foundation on which girls and young women ages 13-35 acquire the necessary skills to access key decision-making roles and leadership positions. We are seeking to fill the position of Finance & Administration Manager as detailed below;
Reports to: Executive Director
To manage funds, provide periodic reports and any other information to the donors, management and the board.
- Financial management
- Prepare and process the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets in a consistent manner using the organization’s cost allocation method.
- Responsible for cash management and ensures that all financial regulations and policies are respected. You will support the Program Managers in preparing financial project reports.
- Contribute to the organizational Annual plan, with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Responsible for a timely monthly, quarterly & annual closure and prepares periodic financial reports for the Annual Plan.
- Provide on a regular basis solicited and unsolicited financial analysis with project budget vs actuals overviews to the senior Management Team
- Advise and supports actively the Executive Director and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals.
- Applying and monitoring financial compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Facilitate and manage financial audits and responds to potential findings in audit reports.
- Responsible for a timely monthly payroll accounting in line with the national fiscal regulations and internal accounting policy.
- General Ledger
- Manages Financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies, GAAP and governmental regulations.
- Reviews key monthly account analyses; bank reconciliations
- Maintains structure and ensures maximization of accounting software.
- Ensures monthly closes are completed on a regular and timely basis
- Donor Reporting & Fundraising
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the donors, managerial staff and the board.
- Designing budgets for fund applications
- Reconcile financial activities and capture key data and processes in order to demonstrate the relationship between Akili Dada’s goals and resulting fundraising needs.
- Manage all donations and grant funding using QuickBooks
- Work hand in hand with fellow senior staff to ensure that budget requirements per donor are met and budget lines are maintained
- Ensure smooth functioning of the Administration Function.
Manage procurement of goods and services including: office supplies, transport services, office cleaning and Internet connectivity being the primary contact point with providers
- Fully support the vision and mission of Akili Dada
- Bachelor’s degree but preferably master in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounting or a relevant field
- Professional qualifications i.e. CPA- K
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least three (3) to four (4) years in an NGO or similar field.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in supervisory/management role, managing, mentoring, and building capacity of direct reports.
- Proven experience in quick books or any other accounting software.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; capability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Method of Application
Send your applications to email@example.com by 25th July, 2018. Indicate the position title in the email subject. Akili Dada is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate applicants on any basis.
PS: WE DON’T CHARGE APPLICANTS ANY FEE AT ANY POINT OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Akili DadaSimilar Jobs
- Senior Program Officer at Population Reference Bureau (PRB)
- Regional Safeguarding Development Manager at Save the Children
- Project Coordinator at Wildlife Conservation Society
- Field Officers at Redress Trust
- Job Opportunities at International Executive Service Corps
- Job Vacancies at Action Africa Help - International
- Job Opportunities at Beacon of Hope (BOH)
- Commercial Director at Fairtrade Africa