If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Moringa School is a Nairobi, Kenya-based multi-disciplinary learning accelerator committed to providing young Africans with digital and professional skills training.
Their mission is to transform higher education throughout Africa and enable its graduates to be globally competitive with their peers. The school has placed more than 95% of its graduates into leading companies throughout Africa and the world. Moringa School was named one of the ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies’ in 2018 by Fast Company.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment genuinely committed to employee health and wellness, and filled with talented, hard-working and fun people. You will be surrounded by friendly, brilliant, and mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
Moringa’s fast-paced learning environment provides an opportunity to grow on a highly accelerated schedule. They are looking to hire a Financial Controller who is a talented, organised, systems-oriented thinker to maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
This will be an initial contract of two years which would be reviewed thereafter.
Shortlist Professionals is handling the recruitment process for this role and sending your application to Moringa School will not increase your chances of being considered.
- Financial Administration
- Plan and manage Moringa’s fiscal function and performance
- Ensure that Moringa has the right financial policies, systems, processes and procedures to support good corporate governance
- Manage cash flows as well as predict and highlight issues that may arise to senior management
- Develop reporting frameworks for senior management, the Board, investors and other key stakeholders
- Audits and Controls
- Define and manage the different legal structures and accounting standards required to operate in different countries. Optimise the Organisation’s structure accordingly; manage forex exchange risk
- Define Moringa’s audit and internal control structures, ensuring strict financial controls are in place and adhered to
- Coordinate all external audits. Ensure that recommendations as well corrections identified are implemented
- Ensure that the Organisation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Team Management
- Scale up the Finance team with support from the HR Manager
- Manage the performance of the Finance team in line with agreed KPIs
- Identify and develop the training required to contribute to the professional growth of the team
Does this sound like you?
- At least 5 years of professional accounting or controllership experience
- Proven ability and demonstrable experience in similar role in a reputable organisation
- An entrepreneurial leader with the ability to manage and scale proper accounting controls, administrative and reporting procedures as well as people systems
- Formal accounting or finance qualifications, e.g. CFA, CIMA, CA, ACA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Moringa School career website on www.linkedin.com to apply