Royal Media Services Limited is the largest electronic Media House in Kenya. Home to the most popular television and radio channels according to audience share, at Royal Media Services we fashion our programming primarily to connect with our audiences. Our brands are Citizen TV, Inooro TV, Radio Citizen, Ramogi FM, Inooro FM, Musyi FM, Chamgei FM, Muuga FM, Egesa FM, Bahari FM, Mulembe FM, Wimwaro FM, Sulwe FM, Hot 96 and Vuuka FM.
Royal Media Services Limited is recruiting for the below position
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating news content in line with the set editorial guidelines. He/she will provide news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s editorial department.
- Generate news stories for all Royal media owned stations
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the news desk
- Assign various duties to reporters and correspondents on the docket or beat
- Monitor news-based content.
- Structure the day’s news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings.
- Guide county correspondents on what to cover and how to package their items.
- Edit news items from reporters and correspondents.
- Generate feature stories coverage plan and ensure bulletins have news features.
- Ensure the news content aired is of highest quality, factual, balanced, on time, and within the allocated period.
- Proofread script to ensure it is balanced, properly presented, free of errors and adheres to the company editorial policy and house style.
- Translate/transcribe script and audio as required
- Ensure adherence to highest level of integrity to all news items
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Impeccable command of English, Kiswahili and Kikuyu
- Strong writing and translation skill
- Competent editing skills using Cool edit, Adobe Audition software or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, be widely knowledgeable & pay attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom two of which must be in a senior position and preferably in an editing role.
Method of Application
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: email@example.com and quote HR-ITVE-07-2018 as the email subject matter.
Closing date will be Friday 20th of July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.