To originate deals using one’s own regional and country network and leveraging on the existing Ecobank networks and clients and incorporating Nedbank’s strong expertise and experience within the Corporate and Investment Banking sector and facilitating collaboration across the relevant product areas of Nedbank's wholesale clusters, as per the business strategy.
- Pro-actively monitoring and analysing sector news/knowledge and developments that are pertinent to selected clients, looking for opportunities, gaps and ideas that are going to source business leads, ideas and solutions resulting in deal flow.
- Trap and build business pipelines per asset class.
- Deliver on financial targets by driving the Conduct Client Value management model for the identified CVM clients as well as new clients.
- Build long term professional and collaborative relationships with clients
- Ensure a high level of client service both internally and externally
- Establish, build and maintain sound professional relationships with internal stakeholders and direct team members
- Contribute to the delivery of 3-year plans by continuously engaging client’s executives to understand their short to medium term strategies.
- Increase the level of collaborative engagement with Ecobank relating to deals
- Promote the Nedbank brand on the ground and make the Alliance more visible
- Service those South African multinationals who are already in the East African market and assist clients who want to venture into these markets
- Originate deals in East Africa on behalf of Nedbank and the Alliance. Once deals are identified they are evaluated, filtered and where applicable, referred to the appropriate product team within CIB in Johannesburg for further assessment and execution.
- Have close dealings with Nedbank CIB particularly across the various product and transactional teams
- Arranging client meetings for Nedbank CIB teams visiting the region
- Understand the bank’s risk policy/appetite, internal procedures, product and information requirements in order to field/vet transactions and to enhance the quality of transactions referred to the product areas.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Honours Degree/ CA/MBA/CFA
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis.
- Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Developing ways to minimise risks
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Sharing information in different ways to increase clients understanding
- Gather; assimilate and analyse ambiguous information to arrive at meaningful and profitable customer solutions.
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Interacting with various levels of management
Minimum Experience Level
8-10 years investment banking experience, with a demonstrated track record of originating deals. Experience working in the East Africa market and a strong existing network particularly in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Local know- how in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Rwanda
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Industry trends
- Sector knowledge and specialisation
- Business Acumen
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Principles of project management
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy
- Making Sales Operations Decisions
- Becoming a Business Advisor
- Coaching the Sales Team
- Building Partnerships