- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Shop Manager at Human Capital Synergies Africa Limited
Posted on: 13 July, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Human Capital Synergies
Human Capital Synergies Africa (HCS Africa) is a Nairobi (Kenya) based human resources professional services provider whose primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent.
The shop manager is responsible for the operations, supervisory and administrative work in the gift shop.
An employee in this class is responsible for the efficient operation of a quality retail sales operation. Plans for the sales promotion and market development are formulated and implemented after general review. Inventory controls are managed and merchandise is purchased under the general concept of markets served and sales potential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises daily operation of a gift shop; meets, greets and assists public in selecting gifts and other merchandise; supervises staff also engaged in service to the public, selling, and assisting buyers.
- Organizes plan for the display and presentation of merchandise with consideration to established marketing plan and for effective support of sales; changes displays regularly with a consideration to buying audience and season; supervises and works with staff stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Produces a group sales program for expanded volume, providing quantity hospitality gifts for conference groups; publishes catalogues for both group sales selections and direct mail promotions.
- Supervises cashiering and receipting the sale of merchandise by cash and charge transactions and performs such duties as required; maintains sales records and makes daily reports.
- Supervises and participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock, extends and prices inventory for use in preparation of the monthly operating statement.
- Serves as buyer, meeting with vendors and product representatives to select marketable goods and gifts appropriate to the potential buying audience, season of the year and recognized customer demand.
- Maintains product quality levels in conformity with the institutional image and audience served.
- Recruits, interviews and selects sales personnel; provides an organized on-the-job staff training program; keeps records and makes administrative and personnel reports as necessary.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of assigned staff; plans staff work schedules according to projected business levels.
- Continuously monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products in the market place.
- Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset.
- At least 5 years working in brand management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of merchandising techniques, store display and selling methods.
- Previous experience within retail preferred
- Considerable knowledge of retail management, promotion and marketing methods.
- Good knowledge of merchandise buying procedures and product market values.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, personnel management and supervisory techniques.
- Superior ability to supervise the work of others.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day - time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Shop Manager on the Subject line
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Capital SynergiesSimilar Jobs
- Digital Banking Executive at Sheer Logic
- Business Development Executive at Viscar Capacity
- Branch Manager at Janta Kenya
- Job Vacancies at Crystal Recruitment
- Job Opportunities at Fanisi
- Latest Jobs at NFT Consult
- Pyrethrum Nursery & Research Director at TUME Middle Africa Consulting Limited
- Carwash Attendant at Power Governors Limited