HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
Our long-term vision is to establish a global movement of strong connected age focused and older people led platforms in every country in the world. Only by collaborating together can we achieve a world in which all older people can lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives.
We aim to extend the reach and influence of the HelpAge Global Network to all those in a position to help bring about our vision for older people– including Governments, regional institutions, policy makers, development partners, the private sector, UN organisations and academic institutions.
In Africa region we will deliver this through a combination of programme, policy and communications work focused on our core themes of social protection, health and care, and humanitarian issues.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year
Scope of Work: The Program Intern would be part of the Nairobi based fundraising team led by the Regional Head of Programmes and will play a role in supporting the regional and Country teams to develop proposal and concept notes.
The person will be based in Nairobi and is often expected to provide remote support to country offices and network members as appropriate. The person will work with an experienced and friendly team of professionals in a dynamic work environment and will stand to gain and learn significantly from the assignment.
- Routinely check key donor websites for new calls for proposals / other funding opportunities, as well as INGO websites for consortia opportunities.
- Undertake research on donor funding trends and funding alternatives and share with funding and programme teams to facilitate donor engagement.
- Maintain the contract management information system – ADDS as the focal point for Kenya and Mozambique and provide back up support tracking of country specific and regional updates made on ADDS.
- Provide support with the review of routine project reports for submission to HelpAge donors.
- Participate in review of donor calls and funding opportunities for specific country programme and network members. Provide the feedback to the relevant team members.
- Provide support with the development of specific concept notes and proposals for submission to donors and supporting members1 based on competencies of HelpAge and agreed programme designs. This will require review of current literature within and external to HelpAge, team meetings etc.
- Update consolidated regional funding chart on a monthly basis and circulate to relevant country offices, London and Regional Office
- Liaise with individuals responsible for fundraising within country offices or network members and establish other areas of support.
Working With Others: The post holder will work closely with a range of team members based in the regional office and country teams in performing the above responsibilities.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- At least 1 year of prior experience with a non-profit organisation
- Knowledge of fundraising and budget management tools
- Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks and basic evaluation techniques
- Ability to write concept notes and proposals and willingness to work flexibly to deliver to short deadlines
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Interest and willingness to learn from the volunteering role, contributing effectively to the team’s work.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills: ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Experience in one of HelpAge’s thematic priorities i.e. health, social protection and Humanitarian – supported by practical work or academic qualification will be useful.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and willingness to embrace diversity in all forms
Method of Application
To apply, send a cover letter explaining in detail how you meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July, 2018.