Seven months contract
The IT Specialist will perform IT related duties in support of the K-YES team including field office across the country.
She/he will be responsible for supporting PCs (Windows 7, Windows 10/ Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2016) and Windows 2008 server, ensuring proper maintenance and data backups, setting up, maintaining, and supporting the IT and network infrastructure including additional project offices.
Assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same, maintain proper inventory of IT equipment for the project offices, provide first tier support and end user training on hardware and software usage, perform user acceptance testing and deployment support, among other tasks.
- Supporting PCs, ensure Windows and other software are maintained and that patches are promptly applied on Computers in the project offices with support to Windows 2008 Server.
- Maintain network infrastructure including Internet connections, perimeter equipment, network switches, wireless access points, printers, Cisco IP phones etc.
- Setting up, maintaining, and supporting the IT infrastructure for additional project offices as they are established
- Assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same and follow up on warranty claims for IT equipment.
- Supervise the performance of any local IT firms or staff hired to support the project offices.
- Follow up on warranty claims for IT equipment.
- Maintain proper inventory of IT equipment for the project offices.
- Ensure compliance with RTI Information Security policies, procedures and standards and train other project staff on IT policy
- First tier support and user acceptance Testing:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science and 3 years of relevant experience with management Information Systems (MIS) trainings, user training experience highly desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work in a culturally diverse environment.