If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Boehringer Ingelheim has been committed to the research, development, and manufacturing of new medications with high therapeutic value for people and animals. As a family-owned pharmaceutical company, Boehringer Ingelheim is able to take a long-term view and invest heavily in research and development. We are proud of addressing some of the most challenging healthcare issues. Our vision – value through innovation – has always characterized our collaborative work, and is for us simultaneously a fundamental requirement and a driving force. Headquartered in Ingelheim,
Under the responsibility of the Area Business Manager, the Territory Manager is responsible for achieving business objectives in the defined territory, by execution of strategy action plans through distribution channels and partnerships, while in compliance with the Boehringer Ingelheim global policy.
The Person Will Also Be Responsible For
Cross-functional interaction with technical, marketing, regulatory, supply chain, finance, administration, and all other support teams in the operational cluster. The role includes supporting the Area Business Manager with business intelligence, planning, forecasting, demand generation sales and payment follow-up. The position will also be required to support marketing activities, by species-specific technical equipment and Marketing Veterinarians.
- Support the Area Business Manager to analyse market data provided by species marketing & technical team in order to develop the territory business strategy.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual profit plan and annual budget (including price policy and payment conditions) for the territory in alignment with the corporate global strategy.
- Under the responsibility of the Area Business Manager, develop the 3 years business plan of each country in the territory, in collaboration with the marketing and technical managers
- Execute the sales development strategy with distributors in the territory.
- Provide the Area Business Manager, with appropriate information on the territory commercial activities in order to give required support to the team of Technical & Marketing Managers
- Prospecting, and developing the best network of customers (distributors , retailers, key accounts and HCPs) for the distribution of the company products in his/her territory
- Manage the Distributor’s to ensure that all the distributors rollout the local marketing plans.
- Support and guide distributors in their activities and Key Account Management
- Ensure that Marketing and Technical provide the needed support to the territory.
- Follow Up
- Sales: Tracking and monitoring the company and distributor local sales achievement and propose
- Corrective actions to the Area Business Manager as and when required.
- Contract: Constantly monitor contract obligations with distributors in the area; propose for implementation corrective action to the Area
- Business Manager when needed.
- Follow up on the implementation of the local Distributor marketing plans agreed as per the contract with Distributors.
- Payment: To assist the Area Business Manager to follow up invoicing, payment, debt management and interventional measures.
- Reporting: Prepare monthly business activity reports, travel reports and any other related assignments.
- Team Work
- Work closely with the Customer Service dedicated to the territory to ensure that adequate Supply & Logistics are in place.
- After each territory visit exchange with the Area Business Manager Business decisions made, on objectives defined with the distributors, on changes of local conditions and on Business risk situations.
- On Regulatory Affairs, present to Area Business Manager new products to register in the territory and contribute to /monitor the follow-up of products registration processes, in coordination with the Regulatory Affairs and the Marketing & Technical teams, in order to assure the quickest return on investment of the Registration plan
- Understand, implement and enforce procedures with respect to Health, Safety and Environment, while supporting of company vision, mission and values.
- Tertiary Qualification in biological sciences, B.Vet.Med. or equivalent, preferable.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar job / senior sales team management.
- 3 to 5 years of Leadership experience, managing business and people.
- Regional work experience in Africa Sub-Sahara will be advantageous
- Broad knowledge of local animal health industry
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Customer Centric: Meets customers’ expectations, maintain good customer relationship through the quality service and periodic customer visits.
- Strive for results: Demonstrate attitude of achieving or surpassing results.
- Cultural Adaptability: Ability to work in a multi-cultural organization
- Think Strategically: Uses an understanding of competitive position to develop short and long term strategy.
- Team management
- Decisive: Makes decisions and acts in a timely manner.
- Influence: Ability to win over partners to the company strategy
- Selling Skills: Disease Knowledge, Product features, Benefits and Competitive differentiation
- Understanding of finance topics
- MS Office tools