- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019. Get Started »
Assistant Maintenance Technician at KEMRI Wellcome Trust
Posted on: 9 August, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Pro
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) based in Kilifi, Kenya, conducts high quality research focussing on diseases that present a significant burden on low and middle-income countries. KWTRP is a partnership between the Kenya Medical Research Institute, the Wellcome Trust and the University of Oxford, and a world-renowned health research unit. KWTRP works with scientists, health services and local communities to achieve better health, while developing local scientific leadership and infrastructure.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance procedures (PMP) and undertake routine maintenance of equipment. and Systems
- To supervise maintenance activities carried out by sub contractors; provide access to offices and document sub contractors’ visits.
- Undertake basic installations and repairs to assigned portfolio, escalating any unresolved problems to the Supervisor.
- Tag all assigned equipment brought to the workshop for repair, ensuring that the same are returned to their respective departments or areas on completion of work.
- Observe personal safety measures by proper use of PPE.
- Maintain good housekeeping habits in the workshop and working area.
- Keeping Safe custody of assigned tools box and assigned common tools.
- Record and document all works undertaken and spares used in Job Cards
- Operation of the Incinerator as may be assigned and maintaining appropriate records.
- Undertake Basic carpentry, painting and plumbing works.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Craft Certificate OR Government Trade Test 1 in Carpentry and Joinery OR Plumbing
- At least 2 years’ experience carrying out Carpentry and Plumbing works etc.
- Experience in record keeping and basic report writing
- Knowledge of good workshop practices
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practices.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly( written and oral) in English and Kiswahili
- Good troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive and initiative in resolution of problems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) career website on jobs.kemri-wellcome.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)Similar Jobs
- Regional Education in Emergencies Professional Dev. manager at Save the Children
- Programme Intern at Education Development Trust
- Program Officer at Finn Church Aid
- Audiovisual Technician at PCEA St. Andrew's Church
- Gender Youth & Social Dynamics Lead at CARE International
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist at HealthRight International
- Government Partnerships Officer, Consultant at United Nations World Food Programme
- Regional Safety and Security Advisor at International Rescue Committee