If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
St. Francis Community Hospital, a Level 5 Faith Based Hospital and one of the leading health care institutions in Kenya has excellent career opportunity for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen, and we invite suitably qualified talent to join this winning team in the Position of a Chief Nursing Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to Nursing Services.
As a member of the Hospital Management Team, s/he will lead and facilitate the provision of excellent patient centered nursing care services in collaboration with key clinical and identified support services to enhance and uphold the institution vision and mission.
- Providing leadership in implementing Nursing and Professional Practice standards for nurses.
- Participating in the development of the overall strategic plan for the institution and linking the same to the strategic plan for nursing division.
- Creating and implementing appropriate professional practice structures for nursing staff with appropriate monitoring indicators to provide oversight of nursing clinical quality in collaboration with the Medical Superintendent.
- Implementing the strategic plan by setting realistic service goals and standardizing approaches and processes in the department, including admission and discharge practices, bed utilization and documentation.
- Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration to ensure optimal patient care.
- Developing nursing budget and ensuring budget control.
- Developing, Communicating and interpreting policies and procedures to nursing staff and monitoring staff best practice and implementation.
- Evaluating the work performance of all nursing personnel, assisting in the determination of training and development needs of the department and implementing discipline according to operational policies.
- Principal liaison between the Hospital and other nursing bodies.
- Coordinating duty roster for all the nursing staff and students on rotation.
- Participating in counseling of staff and students on attachment.
- Actively participating in quality initiative programmers including and not limited to ISO.
- Participating in organising or facilitating CMEs or training activities for the hospital staff.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from institution recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- A Master of Science in Nursing, Public health, Healthcare Management or any related field will be an added advantage.
- Must have a KRN/KRM/KRCHN Diploma recognized by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Must have a valid registration and licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- S/he will have a minimum of eight (8) years working experience; five (5) of which should be current and in a busy Hospital setup with hands on experience in matters relating to Nursing Management.
- S/he must demonstrate understanding of nursing education and quality initiatives not limited to ISO.
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, assertive, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- Computer literacy with report writing and presentation skills
- In addition s/he should be a strategic thinker with a proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations and generate astute and practical solutions.
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 25th August, 2018.