The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and International partners.
AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the International Health Regulations (IHR).
AFENET is seeking to recruit qualified & experienced persons to serve in a short term position indicated below:
Location / Workstation: Kenya
(Kwale, Nairobi, Embu , Trans-Nzoia, Elgeyo Marakwet and Busia counties
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to assist in both quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Travel to field sites and collect and input data to the paper questionnaires as well as mobile data application as required
- Review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information
- Participate in the development of interview schedules.
- Recruit potential study subjects while adhering to the criteria and introduce to them the study with the objective of obtaining their consent to participate in the study.
- Schedule interviews with study subjects as per the study protocol
- Conduct and record interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
- Maintain field logs and filing systems of data collection activities
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Prepare materials, supplies /equipment necessary for data collection
- Manage and respond to project related issues as they arise
- Prepare progress reports and attend project meetings as may be required.
- At least 1year experience in both paper and mobile phone-based qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Experience in Survey data collection (both paper and mobile phone based surveys)
- Experience in conducting Key Informant Interviews and In-depth Interviews.
- Knowledgeable of the Kenya Health system and prior experience working with healthcare facilities
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain cordial public relations through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work
- Ability to adhere to all the specified data collection protocols during data collection activities
- Ability to work in a team and to work with minimal supervision
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements and Other Expertise Required
- Basic qualification in Nursing, Public Health or related clinical training is a requirement.
- Previous experience in data collection (both quantitative and qualitative data) is a pre-requisite
- Ability to live and work in the specified counties
- Technical experience in immunizations and surveillance for Adverse Events Following Immunization is desired
Method of Application
Submit your resume, application letter and copies of certificates to:
The Administration & Human Resource Office African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) Email: email@example.com
All applications should be sent online by Tuesday 11th September 2018. Please include the phrase “Research Assistant” and indicate preferred county in the title of your email. ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an Interview.