If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Muthaiga Golf Club, proudly called the Home of Golf by its elite membership, is in many ways the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-Hole Championship Golf Course.
The main objective of this role is to work closely with the Food and Beverage team in running the food and beverage services for Muthaiga Golf Club. The Head waiter manages co-workers while maintaining excellence in quality control and excellent customer relations.
This job role is also responsible for the complete directing, operational control, effective supervision and coordination of all the F&B Sections (i.e. F & B purchases, receiving, F&B services) as relates to the Club; to the satisfaction of the Club’s members, guests and management.
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of the achievements made on:
- Achievement of set targets
- Innovative and Creative initiatives
- Effective cost reduction strategies
- Staff retention rate and management
- Degree of customer care and excellence
- Food & Beverage Service
- Manage all food and beverage service outlets with a hands on approach in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager, which may include bar, restaurant, casual dining, catering services, snack bar and convenience cart, and co-ordinates to achieve qualitative/quantitative goals and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain existing food and beverage programs that ensure the highest possible quality of food service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Carry out daily inspections of the service areas for upkeep and maintenance of the equipment.
- Ensuring the service team has working tools at all times. (Uniforms, name tags, table cloth, at all time).
- Ensure that the bars have all the required drinks at all times and proper displays for merchandising of wines, cocktails and other drinks.
- Ensure enough and presentable menu lists are available.
- Ensure that all necessary licenses are in place and are renewed in time.
- Review all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets and meetings, and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
- Monitor the profitability of every item by checking on the changes of the cost prices and making recommendation to the management for any price changes.
- Assist in approving all the F&B Section requisition for expenditures so as to ensure the budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- In conjunction with the F&B Manager, develop and continuously review the F&B service points procedures through proper billing systems so that all sales realized are accounted for by charging members and guests through the P.O.S. System and any sold guest card is properly receipted and banked.
- Participate and make follow up on daily and monthly bar stock taking plus the F&B stores to ensure the reports are correctly done.
- Organize monthly stocktaking of the operating equipment and explain the differences and losses.
- Analyze the daily sales mix and make recommendations to the management on the items to be added or dropped from the food or bar menus lists.
- Provide the Club house with the competitors’ price comparisons for the sports bar on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor the slow-moving items by ensuring they are used or returned to the store so as to avoid dead stocks which lead to expiry items.
- Ensure the staff canteen is always clean and kept in an orderly manner and a proper staff eating time table is maintained.
- Supervision & Relationship Management
- Set standard operating procedures (SOPs) to be adhered to by the service team.
- Ensure that co-workers meet all standards for performance, appearance and service provision, determines assignments and division of responsibilities.
- Ensure the service team is trained on beverages knowledge and service techniques and that they do follow the standards.
- Maximize sales through good salesmanship/up selling and attentive service by the service team.
- Responsible for supporting the F&B Manager to attain and maximize the sales and profits of the department.
- Hold meetings with the team to deliberate on improvements of the running of the sports bar/restaurant and pass the minutes of the deliberations to the F&B Manager.
- Ensure and maintain good staff discipline with maximum productivity.
- Carry out staff administrative duties such as preparation of duty rosters and work schedules, leave schedules and annual performance appraisals.
- Ensure that members and guests conduct themselves in accordance with the Club rules whilst within the Clubhouse and to report any deviation to the F&B Manager.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision making.
- Continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
- Health & Safety
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and benchmark with industry standards.
- Ensure all the F&B staff undergo the periodical medical checkup.
- Coordinate any inspection of public health officer.
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of customer service skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to spot and solve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Creative and innovative
- Team Player
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management, Hospitality Management, or a related field
- Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have sound knowledge of food & beverage products.
- Conversant with cost control reports
- Knowledge of stock control system; POS System
- 3 years working experience in Food and Beverage
- At least 1 year as a Head waiter
Method of Application
If you meet the outlined requirements please send your application, including a cover letter, current Curriculum Vitae with telephone contacts of 3 referees and testimonials quoting the job title on the email email@example.com (subject Head Waiter)