If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Optiven Limited is a real estate company. We are founded to provide value added plots for sale and offer real estate solution to the African community. As market leaders in this industry, we sell clean land with valid title deeds. With an extensive working experience, we ensure that we deliver. Our Patners are experienced and the staff professional, we provide full customer focus to each client. We guarantee delivery for any requirements and enquiry.
The desired person will make sure the food stays hot, the salad stays crisp, and the hummus stays hummusy.
Will also be responsible for overall operations of the back of the house and kitchen area of the restaurant.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Responsible for the overall operation of the back of the house and kitchen area of the restaurant.
- Participate in hiring the right staff, purchase food, observe costs, pricing and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Ensure that the organization’s standards are upheld; the food is cooked properly; the proportions are correct and it is cooked and served quickly.
- Organizing Work Schedules & Shipments and ensure cleaning schedules are more organized.
- Make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Proper records and book keeping by keeping tabs on food cost, waste and employee working hours, doing the best to optimize profit for the company and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
- Oversee Receivers and Dishwashers (including monitoring performance, approving time off, managing schedules & Reporting Areas of Misconduct to be rectified.
- Leadership role in the Back of House and rallying the team during heavy shifts and resolving any conflicts and getting the job done.
- Check and record the quantity of merchandise requested by the Kitchen & Restaurant, Manage Inventory levels and reorder levels.
- Communicate effectively to fix any discrepancies and ensure order accuracy, Communicate Standards clearly.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications; Skills and experience requirements;
- Degree or diploma in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or related from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Should be well conversant with Italian dishes, Pizza and Pasta
- Relevant Department of Health certification is a plus
- Minimum of three years of progressive kitchen management experience
- High volume purchasing, food storage, inventory control and sanitation experience
- Self-starter and ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Ability to lift, bend, carry up to 40 lbs., manage proper storage of food items as necessary
- Stamina to work long days around hot cooking elements, much of on feet
- Strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Strong financial, budgetary, and food cost control practices
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and high level of integrity
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to email@example.com by 18th September 2018 with “BACK OF HOUSE MANAGER” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted,