If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Well Told Story (WTS) produces the award-winning media communications channel Shujaaz.
Shujaaz inspires and motivates millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future.
WTS is urgently looking for a highly energetic and self-motivated young person to work in the Networks Department which oversees the distribution of its comic magazine – SHUJAAZ.
This department; –
- Recruits Shujaaz distributors
- Maintains good relations with the Shujaaz distributors who form the Shujaaz Network
- Dispatches and oversees the distribution of Shujaaz by the Network all over the country
- Conducts frequent field visits to meet and interact with distributors
- Reports on distribution to management and partners
- Identifies and carries out ways of creating value for the thousands of Shujaaz distributors
The Distribution Assistant will report to the Networks Manager and their specific job roles will be;
- Running a call centre – receiving and making calls to members of the Distribution Network as shall be guided by the Team Leader.
- Receiving and sorting out SMS & WhatsApp messages coming in from the Distribution Network
- Receiving and raising issues arising from the communication (Calls, SMS and WhatsApp) with the relevant members of the Team Leader and the entire Shujaaz Team for appropriate action.
- Updating the Shujaaz Distribution Lists with information coming from the call centre.
- Keeping custody of and ensuring the call centre equipment (phones & accessories) are functional at all times.
Skills you need for this role:
- Not above 25 years of age
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office and especially Excel, proficiency in the use of social media platforms.
- Must have a good command of both spoken and written English
- Must have a good grasp of the Sheng’ language
- Training or on job experience in public relations, marketing or customer care is an added advantage
Method of Application
If you feel this describes you, drop us an application and CV titled Distribution Assistant to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 14th September 2018 and applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Please do not apply if you had previously for this job.