Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems. We are a full-service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers and lifestyles across more than 20 African countries via quantitative and qualitative studies. We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments and other institutions. Our services range from survey design to data collection and analysis of findings in both Anglo and Francophone regions. Dalberg Research is part of the global Dalberg Group, which also comprises Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design and Dalberg Data Insight.
What You Will Do And How You Will Grow
The IT Officer is responsible for all our Information Technology needs, ranging from in office support to field support. You work behind the scenes in all kinds of places and are the "go-to" guy for our IT needs.
You maintain, update, tweak and repair the telephone, computer systems and IT infrastructure. This means setting up new technologies, calibrating technical bits of kit, configuring systems and providing everyday technical support for the individuals using the computer systems and IT network.
Usually you will be working directly with the IT equipment and performing hands-on technical maintenance tasks on the organization’s servers, telephone cables, mobile devices, desktops, operating systems and software applications.
You will also be working on a helpdesk, answering phone calls and assessing any technical queries that arise. You’ll then be responsible for troubleshooting any problems in the most efficient way possible.
You might also be required to test new products, run regular maintenance checks and keep up-to-date with information security issues.
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware and networking components, operating systems and applications.
- Ensuring that the application and operating systems are genuine and compliant
- Preparation of procedural documentations (i.e. Standard operating procedures - SOPs) and relevant reports
- Providing technical support to staff, maintaining computer systems ensuring that they run smoothly, and providing subsequent technical advice to users of these systems and computers.
- Troubleshooting computer systems and network problems that come up and diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults.
- Regularly updating software systems and upgrading the old outdated versions to newer alternative systems
- Keeping track of the licenses start and end dates to ensure timely renewal of licenses and avoid unexpected interruptions due to failure of renewal of license
- S ervicing and maintenance of all the Information Technology equipment;
- Logging and tracking all system and process issues and incidents using formal documentation;
- Providing technical support and training new users in the use of system/ICT facilities and systems;
- Supporting the role out of new applications; set up new users and user profiles’ and managing passwords
- Procurement of IT equipment eg. Office machines, personal devices etc.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least 3years experience in the IT field (i.e. computer networks – installing configuring and maintaining the computer systems, hardware maintenance – maintain and repair computer hardware, desktop support)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer; Networking certifications e.g. CISCO
- Knowledge and experience in management and configuration of Office 365.
- Documented ability to comply with and improve Networking and Software installation and Management.
- Technologically savvy, innovative and curious
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dalberg career website on chk.tbe.taleo.net to apply