CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Learning Advisor for the upcoming USAID/Kenya and East Africa (USAID/KEA) Evaluations, Assessments, and Analyses program. The USAID/KEA is seeking support in three areas: designing and implementing both quantitative and/or qualitative evaluation studies; developing and delivering evaluation and assessment training to USAID, its implementing partners, and local institutions to support USAID EAA needs; and build the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialist to lead future activities.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Learning Advisor will be an experienced, organizational learning and knowledge management professional. Their duties will be to guide USAID/KEA's staff and senior management team on how to implement collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) oriented practices throughout CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering the Mission's learning and adaptive management practices. This includes the following:
- Overseeing all aspects of the Mission's CLA activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Supervising an internal team of local professionals and external, short-term consultants
- Providing relevant technical guidance
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/KEA staff and implementing partners
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Assisting USAID/KEA to develop and implement a learning agenda.
- Analyzing and testing the validity of hypotheses and assumptions embedded in strategy-level CDCS/RDCS results frameworks and project level logical frameworks and theories of change;
- Planning for learning and distillation of lessons learned for use in Kenya, other East Africa missions, and elsewhere in the Agency.
- A Master's or higher degree is preferred in organizational development, , public policy or administration, business administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or a related field, or other fields closely related.
- At least ten (10) years of international development experience involved in either monitoring or evaluation, project management, knowledge management, project design, or strategy development.
- Experience designing and implementing CLA activities in USAID missions and other organizations
- Experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Experience with a wide range of development areas, such as monitoring and evaluation, gender, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Strong data analysis, and English report writing, and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in French and Swahili preferred.
- Experience working with USAID is preferred.
- Experience working in East Africa is desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CAMRIS International career website on careers-camris.icims.com to apply