Managerial Role at Cargill
Posted on: 12 September, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Cargill
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Technical Services Manager is accountable for understanding and executing strategy through new regional customer and market development gains. He or she proactively visits customers in order to offer Cargill solutions from multiple product lines. Additionally, the role also generates value by managing Cargill portfolio for Regional and National Strategic customers by running projects either through required new ingredients or by introducing Cargill products, services and systems.
CUSTOMER & PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Partners with Commercial Teams to identify strategy and plans execution in order to bring value through defending business and new business development;
- Makes sure that there is a healthy pipeline to averse risk;
- Joins commercial teams on customer visits and also establishes customer contacts with R&D and Product Development teams of the customer to understand customer’s business strategy, their innovation pipeline and market trends;
- Independently explores customer trends, competitors’ capabilities and identifies gaps or strong points;
- Leverages Cargill synergies and strong points to support value sales and finds solutions for gap closing actions;
- Supports and trains commercial teams for technical knowledge.
VALUE OPTIMIZATION & TECHNOLOGY STRATEGY (25%)
- Acts as primary technical contact for customers;
- Aligns with Cargill R&D network and Application Centers to serve and support customers for recipe formulations, process and manufacturing capabilities, and final product quality;
- Identifies, prioritizes and systematically reviews the project pipeline according to business targets and capabilities;
- Proactively supports capability improvement by feeding the market information to the business and provides customer insight to commercial teams;
- Represents Cargill in relevant Industry meetings as influencer to support Cargill and to bring external view back to Cargill.
PROJECT EXECUTION – RESOLUTION (25%)
- Identifies, prioritizes, and executes projects according to business needs and strategy alignment;
- Provides follow-up and reports value gains per appropriate KPI’s on technical project and commercial activities.
- A University degree in a scientific field, such as Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or a degree in Engineering, such as Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Experience within the Food Industry, especially in the areas of Dairy, Bakery, Confectionery and Beverage;
- Exposure to Product & Process Development, R&D, Technical Services domain;
- Confident and presentable communication manner combined with a strong Business acumen;
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles;
- Attentiveness to detail as well as ability to keep an overview and see the big picture;
- Basic knowledge in Project & Portfolio Management;
- Business fluency in English.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cargill career website on cargill.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CargillSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Green Point - GreenGro
- Marketing Officer at Sian Roses
- HR Role at Syngenta
- Project Manager at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
- HR Role at Komaza Kenya
- Head of Finance and Accounting at SunCulture
- Receptionist at Komaza Kenya
- Finance Manager at Victory Farms Ltd