If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL) is the fastest growing Human Resources and Management consulting firm that offers an array of hr solutions tailored to accurately address all the human resource and management needs of any organization.
You are responsible for ensuring that customers have a satisfying dining experience. You are expected to provide fast, efficient and courteous service. You often meet with managers and chefs before each shift to discuss the menu or specials, review ingredients for potential food allergies or talk about any food safety concerns. You also discuss coordination between the kitchen and the dining room and review any customer service issues from the previous day or shift.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the kitchen staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleansing
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Proven work experience as a waiter or waitress (Maximum 6 months)
- High school diploma; food safety training
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants to URGENTLY send their application, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.