If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Automobile Association of Kenya (AAK) is a national motoring Members Club with a long heritage that is dedicated to promoting and safeguarding the interests and safety of its Members while on the road.
AAK offers diverse and unique range of technical products and services including Insurance Brokerage and is internationally affiliated to the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (FIA).
AAK wishes to recruit a Principal Officer to provide strategic direction to the Automobile Association of Kenya Insurance Brokerage for business growth in line with the provided guidelines as per the Insurance Act.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Principal Officer will be responsible for the overall operations and marketing of the business and will specifically be responsible for compliance and all affairs relating to the insurance regulator, IRA.
- Prepare and present monthly activity reports and ensure its effectiveness in meeting the overall Association’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain strict adherence to set compliance timelines and implementation of guidelines.
- Implement all strategies and policies so as to achieve the Association’s objectives.
- Ensure premium is collected and remitted to the various underwriters.
- Design and see the implementation of marketing strategies and prospects for new business to meet Association targets.
- Achieve set sales targets for the subsidiary.
- To oversee all the activities of the subsidiary and ensure safe keeping of Association’s assets, equipment, and cash.
- Manage risk by ensuring company’s governance and accountability policies are implemented.
- Supervise and monitor issuance of policy documents, certificates and renewal information to clients.
- Develop and oversee implementation of internal procedures and processes for efficient use of resources.
- Oversee business Growth Strategies through marketing integration to support growth and ensure business retention.
- Institute debt reduction mechanisms to safeguard the business from future debt accumulation.
- Ensure brand Re-positioning and visibility.
- Manage day to day relationships with the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA).
- Handle relationship building and customer satisfaction to ensure customer retention.
- Balancing business mix portfolio for improved risk mitigation and profitability.
- Put together the company profile, identified and aligned for complete automation all key underwriting, financial and operational functions.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Be a holder of a University degree preferably marketing and insurance option.
- Be a holder of full ACII qualifications.
- At least 5 years practical work experience in marketing and underwriting with a Reinsurance broker.
- Must have worked at a senior management position.
- In-depth knowledge and strong networks in Kenya.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, highly confidential and well organized.
- Must have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility.
- Should be result oriented, good team player with self-drive and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications, good organization, speed to execute work, maturity, and sense of judgment.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of professionals.
- Demonstrated understanding of key laws and rules guiding insurance regulation, brokers, Re-insurance companies and customers in this market.
Method of Application
To apply send your application letter with an updated CV to reach us by to firstname.lastname@example.org