Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects.
To provide vision and leadership for developing and executing information technology programmers, drive overall IT strategies & goals aligning with business objectives.
To drive company’s IT to the next generation through implementation of expedient & state-of-the-art digital technologies. To define and control IT budget, supervise complete IT delivery and preside over initiation, design, implementation & operational management of major transformations within IT.
- Define the target IT Architecture and its realization in accordance with internal stakeholders. Design and delivery of cost effective IT-Solutions to support all of Safaricom business.
- Design, develop, integrate, deploy, operate & manage all IT- based business processes, IT applications & IT Infrastructure. This is in order to achieve business Goals for better Productivity, agility, business Flexibility, Revenue Generation & Cost Effectiveness through strong Business Intelligence / Analytics framework and close collaboration with Business.
- Accountable for driving new technologies resulting in revenue generation, enhanced customer experience, process improvements and/or cost savings.
- Drive digital transformation with end to end responsibility within IT to drive all digital channels, micro-services architecture implementation and DevOps delivery.
- Responsible for driving the agile culture within IT to increase speed to market and delivery of customer centric products.
- Delivers under strong governance from the Board Audit Committee in order to ensure minimum baseline are guaranteed in terms of system access control and user management, minimize risks to the business through adequate design and inclusion of key stakeholders (Cybersecurity, audit, compliance, Fraud, AML, revenue assurance) in delivery and operations processes.
- Minimum 10-12 years management and leadership experience in IT Operations & Development.
- Degree in telecommunications or information technology.
- Substantial knowledge of business processes and their integration along with experience in strategic planning & execution.
- Distinct analytical and systematic thinking.
- Strong experience in leading and pushing forward the transformation & Innovation agenda.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on safaricom.taleo.net to apply