Frontier Optical Network is committed to provide the best communication and information infrastructure for the best prices in our areas of operation. While we are a small telecommunications company we deliver better products and services to our clients with unmatched customer care never before.
Assist in Providing office services by implementing legal & administrative systems, procedures and policies. It also plays an important role for managing, conducting, advising and controlling the contracts and all legal matters of the Company.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Assist in processing all records and preparation of the legal agenda of company in liaison with the Head of Legal Affairs.
- Keeping all the records for minutes of meetings along with annual general meetings with potential share holders.
- Attend meetings with Head of Legal Affairs to ensure proper legal norms and financial standards of the company are met.
- Assist in monitoring the necessary changes in regulatory management and legislation if necessary.
- Ensuring that the company measures standards are properly complied and used perfectly before signing new deals with the clients.
- Assist in ensuring and maintaining the records of insured property of the company and over dues for the same.
- Assist in maintaining the coordination with authorities and external regulatory.
- Collecting updated data, writing reports
- Assist in processing the records and preparation of the legal agenda of company.
- Assist in Taking care of company’s PR and ensuring that it works for the growth of the company.
- Work hand in hand with the Head of Finance for collection of creditors to the company.
- Assist the supervisor in providing management with monthly updates on status of implementation progress of contracted scope from vendor, arising issues and their impact on the company’s business
- Reviewing contractual obligations of the parties and tracks the implementation progress of the project in coordination with Technology, Project, Operations and Sourcing teams e.g. equipment and services delivery time lines, systems upgrades, etc
- In liaison with the supervisor, Prepare, organize and maintain contract records and files and documenting contract performance and compliance including equipment delivery notes, Provisional and Final Acceptance Certificates (FAC) liquidated damages claims etc.
- In Liaison with the supervisor, provide contracts and agreements continual review to ensure all terms and conditions are legal and are properly implemented
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contracts status, compliance and modifications.
- Liaise with the company’s external lawyers on matters of litigation and commercial and Keep track of all additional changes requested throughout the life of the agreement
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to best legal solution.
- Proactively work with the clients and the supervisor to resolve contractual issues, interfacing with Legal authorities as needed
- Assist the Supervisor in coordinating with the Head of Finance and alert them on vendor reaching milestones triggering payments as per contract
- Assess any applicable penalties, Liquidated Damages - LDs, and service credits based on continuous performance monitoring
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations, revisions and any legal issues.
- Ability to draft and negotiate moderate to complex, routine contractual terms and may conduct research to support contract audit and or facilitate business unit contracting trends
- In liaison with the Supervisor, attend regular review meetings with vendors and stakeholders and take any actions required to resolve commercial and any legal issues
- Assist in developing and integrating Contract Management tools, templates, methods and processes
- Assist in Drafting and finalizing all necessary legal document including contracts, transfers/ assignment and assumption agreements and Licenses.
- Assist in Drafting and finalizing plans for dealing with existing liabilities, contingent liabilities and pending legal proceedings
- Assist in Reviewing Policies for compliances with Local Law.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Performance Measures and Targets:
- Ensuring records of the company are updated and conform to the laws of the country.
- Presentation of reports in a clear and simple manner.
- Ensuring transparency in the organisation’s system
- Weekly departmental reports
- Assets & Insurance reports
- Monthly & Quarterly reports
- 2-3 years of experience as a Legal Officer/Practitioner. Experience in Litigation & conveyance and contract/agreement drafting would be desirable.
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Academic: Bachelors degree in Law,
- Professional: Post Graduate Diploma in Law & Current Advocate practising certificate
Specialist knowledge required:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Quick books and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of the common rules and regulations of a company He or she should have the deep knowledge of corporate regulatory and company rules or norms so that can work with the standard measures.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Planning and Organising skills
- Analytical skills
- Team Player
- Knowledge of industry changes in regards to issues affecting law & administration.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Desktop computer
- Laptop computer
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge and have the above qualification; please send your application to email@example.com