Integrated Payments Service Limited (IPSL) is a payments services company providing high volume inter-bank transaction switching and settlement services amongst others. IPSL is active in the financial services industry and at the strategic level is held together by a shared business philosophy. We are now inviting applications for a dynamic professional to fill in the following position in our Nairobi office.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Network Engineer is responsible for the general management of the IT Network with partners including (banks, non-banking financial institutions, third party payment processors and other potential clients).
- Monitoring of all network services as per the laid down thresholds and standards defined in the application standards for abnormalities and out of line occurrences to ensure the products perform to the SLA's for both the production and DRP site.
- Advise bank IT Operational management of bank network problems.
- Logging or checking of incidents in an accurate and informative manner as and when they occur.
- Escalation and reporting of out of line situations to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Communicate and provide assistance to bank customer counterparts relating to operational problems and queries.
- Action / Assist with problem resolution once the problem / incident has been logged and identified.
- Partake in Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption Planning activities under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Strictly adhere to all security protocols, both physical and technical.
- Show initiative with regards to possible solutions to operational shortcomings.
- IT Network design and implementation.
- Management of all providers and vendors SLA’s and contracting.
- IT network security and audit focus.
- Assist other technology streams with networked solution design and implementation.
- Install and stage hardware and software.
- Capacity planning on IT Network.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 7 years of progressive network experience in high-tech industry designing, implementing and managing and supporting network hardware and software solutions. Experience in a Financial institution in similar capacity is an added advantage.
MSc. IT/Computer Science is an added advantage.
- CCNA/CCNP/CCSP qualified.
- Strong Firewall experience - Checkpoint/PIX/ASA.
- Experience with change control processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of trends concerning networks and how networks should be position themselves for the future.
- Network security analysis and design.
- WAN/LAN Routing, Cisco Load Balancers, Switching and Routing.
- A committed, self-motivated person with a high work rate and a passion to achieve their full potential and goals.
- Budget discipline means that prior approval is gained for all expenditure and all extraordinary services are billed. In addition, giving the market what it wants, cost effectively.
- Building and maintaining long term mutually beneficial relationships with customers and regulators.
- Display an obsession for client service. Meet or exceed the agreed service standards. In particular, timely and effective customer interactions, e.g. Returning customer calls, emails, etc.
- The ability and desire to work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Accountability for accurate customer communication.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st September 2018 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Applications without current remuneration will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.