World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Director, East & Southern Africa Communications & Public Engagement, you will have overall responsibility for the strategic direction of all aspects of the East and Southern Africa regions’ communications and public engagement work, you will lead efforts to improve and grow World Vision’s reputation and influence, building trust with key audiences for greater organisational impact. You will provide oversight of core communications business across all countries where World Vision works in the regions, ensuring quality delivery of communications resources for local to global audiences, in support of the organisation’s key priorities.
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Strong track record in media relations, creating constructive relationships and having the confidence to represent the organisation in the media
- Demonstrable track record of developing and executing external communications within scope and budget to positively impact the organisation’s influence and visibility.
- Ability to define and strengthen organisational brand awareness and reputation through multiple channels. Experience leading/managing multiple and/or overlapping content production assignments across multiple contexts that engage, compel and demonstrate knowledge, impact and expertise.
- Strong leadership skills required thus demonstrated Strategic, Influence-Leadership-cross cultural management and understanding including experience of risk management for fragile contexts.
- Experience linking communication outputs with fundraising, especially in a non-profit setting.
- Fluent English is essential; knowledge of one or more regional languages is an asset.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply