Human Resource Assistant at Café Deli Restaurant (Nanjala Limited)
Posted on: 8 October, 2018
Deadline: 13 October, 2018
View Jobs in Food Services
View All Jobs at Café Deli Restaurant (Nanjala Limited)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Café Deli has grown from a small bakery to a well-respected restaurant chain over the past 8 years. The company has and continues to endear itself to key stakeholders that will help grow and expand the Café Deli brand.
: Nanjala LimitedDepartment
: HUMAN RESOURCESupervisor
: GENERAL MANAGER
The Human Resource Assistant will be responsible in assisting with the day to day operation of the HR office and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESULTS AREAS PROFITABILITY OF THE BUSINESS
- Assist in providing job candidates by screening applicants and provision of shortlist/profiling reports.
- Aiding in providing application information, verifying submission, notifying employees of approvals of leaves.
- Follow up on referees and past employers and report the same to the General Manager.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Assist in maintaining human resource records by recording new hires, changes in job classification, promotions, salary increments, sick off and
- Assist in preparing employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining personnel files, updating leaves, leave schedules and various leaves reports.
- Assist in provision of general information and informing employees of policies and procedures as they relate to the specific human resource
- Assists in administering performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administering specialized human resources programs by performing routine clerical duties in a specific functional area.
- Assist in verifying human resource documents and forms to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with human resource policies and procedures.
- Represents the department at management and brief meetings.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned from time to time.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Time taken to fill a vacancy
- Volume of indiscipline cases
- Number of non-compliance issues
- Human Resource filing status
- Satisfaction of internal and external customers
- In time payments of statutory payments
- Staff discipline
- Sound Human Resource advises.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Higher Diploma or Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Management or any other related field
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- 2 years of related work experience serving as a HR personnel in a busy organization, preferably in the hospitality industry
- 30 years of age and above.
- Ability to handle a large workforce
- Good knowledge and understanding of labour laws
- Ability to engage with people at various levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with people of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Problem solving skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements of the above job descriptions, submit your online application letter and up-to-date curriculum vitae by 5p.m. Saturday, October 13, 2018. Applicants must indicate the JOB TITLE on the subject line and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Café Deli Restaurant (Nanjala Limited)Similar Jobs
- Brand Marketer at Java House Africa