If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Unilever - Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
Main Job Purpose
Co-ordination, supervision and advice to management on effective security management systems within the business. Ensure that threats to personnel, assets, and business operations/activities within the area are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Proactively advise management on emerging security threats to company employees, family, assets, information and business operations whilst proposing risk commensurate risk mitigation measures.
- Effectively manage Third party security service companies in terms of fit for purpose performance and adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s
- Ensure implementation of Unilever security and safety procedures and revise as the threat environment evolves.
- Support the Security Manager, develop and implement security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Conduct timely, effective investigations on reported breaches as well security incidents and submit concise investigation reports.
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and to ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Ensuring timely submission reports on Security Incident Reporting Network Tool.
- Provide effective leadership to site security coordinators to ensure that all security measures are appropriate based on the security risk
- Review security architecture and ensure that existing controls are adequate, effective and aligned to Unilever Group Physical Security standards
- Manage Protective Intelligence collection through legal intelligence collection efforts designed to help Unilever avoid the disruptive effects of criminal losses and violent crime.
- Deliver relevant security training and awareness sessions for security staff, vendors / third parties and employees
- Administer and support zero based budgeting and expenditures in close liaison with the Security Manager to ensure expenditure is reasonable based on the risk.
- Ensuring implementation of Group security policy and procedures and periodic revision in line with dynamic security threat environment.
- Be a University Graduate in Criminology or other Social Science Subject or equivalent Professional qualification
- Served in the Armed Forces at level of Captain or police as a Corporal and above with at least 10 years’ service
- At least 3 years’ experience in Business Security Management biased towards Business partnering and engagement with legal, HR and Finance
- Sound knowledge of physical and electronic security- access procedures, perimeter protection, CCTV, intruder alarms
- Working knowledge of loss prevention principles within a fairly complex supply chain
- Relevant experience in investigation of criminal loss incidents
- Agile, self-driven leader with a passion for high performance and developed bias for action
- Ability to provide a security input in Incident Management and contingency plans
- Computer Literate
- No Criminal Record.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply