TalentintheCloud - A hyper-growth Pan-African FinTech and Payments company who are embarking on an exciting journey to offer a range of payments and FinTech products across the continent.
This is a VP Engineering / Chief Technology Officer (CTO) role for a hyper-growth Pan-African FinTech and Payments company. Based in Nairobi, Kenya you’ll be working with a highly experienced and diverse team of industry experts who have, over the past 15 years, built this business to be one of the most exciting FinTech’s on the continent.
We’re looking for this person to be a true leader - someone who can develop and manage a high performing Engineering team (Infrastructure & Software Development) as well as crafting creative technical solutions that can be deployed in real time.
The strategic direction of the technology stack will be paramount, it’s therefore essential that you can demonstrate prior experience of delivering scalable, efficient, secure and optimized technology solutions across Africa.
Additionally, the role will encompass the following elements:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Due to the complexity of this business and it’s products and services, we are specifically looking for someone who has worked in the Payments sector and has successfully scaled an operation to be able to process 100m+ transactions. Other core skills and requirements are as follows:
- Demonstrable track record of delivering scalable solutions across Africa
- Deep experience in a senior development engineering department,
preferably as a Head of Engineering, VP Engineering, CTO
- Detailed experience with open source technologies and tools
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- A proven and successful record leading an engineering development team and running site/software development projects.
- Outstanding agile technological skills and demonstrated computer skills.
- Be additionally skilled in the development of consumer
sites/software/applications through Java, PHP/Python, C, Objective C or C++
- Consumer and result oriented, highly organized, highly analytical and procedural, creative and strategic thinker, and he will have an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
A generous remuneration package including stock option, bonuses and relocation assistance is on offer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TalentintheCloud career website on www.linkedin.com to apply