If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region. The company offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. The product range includes: life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, Property development and private Equity.
Responsible for providing assistance in the preparation of financial accounts in a timely manner.
- Check daily bank balances
- Provide support in preparing statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliation, P&L
- Compile annual accounting statements
- Support the preparation of the audit pack for the external auditors
- Update new asset entries to the Fixed Assets Register
- Ensuring that Company Accounts are assigned in the General Ledger and analysed on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that Payments to Suppliers are made on time
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers, and Ensuring that they are captured in the General Ledger and filing the same.
- Preparation of Cash and Bank Reconciliations for main Cash book, Inflow Accounts, Investment Accounts and Disbursement Account.
- Keying in the transactions on Fund Accounts- i.e. withdrawal and Switches.
- Preparation of Inflow Accounts for Fund Accounts
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Delegated Authority ;As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Knowledge,experience And Qualifications Required
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or its equivalent
- At least one years’ experience in a similar position
- CPA Part 1
Technical/ Functional competencies
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Financial Accounting
- Accounts Analysis and reconciliation
- Analytical –highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
- Report writing-ability to develop reports
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Britam career website on britam.taleo.net to apply