Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible creating and serving all beverage products to hotel guests/servers in accordance with TTH policies, procedures, and standards laid out by Management to ensure maximum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform all pre-opening and closing duties in accordance with the standards and as instructed F&B Manager
- Prepare requisition lists and collect the items from the stores
- Perform stock taking duties regularly.
- Prepare and serve orders to customers over the counter or at other sitting areas within the restaurant and particularly the dawa lounge.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge of all menu items and be able to assist hotel guests accordingly by serving wines, cocktails beers, other drinks and bar bites.
- Ensure that the FIFO rule (first in first out) is fully respected and followed in order to avoid case of expired drinks on the fridges.
- Ensure all the glassware and utensils are cleaned after every use.
Who are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Education Background in hospitality or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in specialty bar operations and beverage production
- Experience in making different bar cocktails and excellent wine and liquor knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Ability in multitasking and time-management
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Be trained as a Fire Marshal and/ First Aider will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.