If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sign of Hope (SoH) e.V. is a Worldwide Humanitarian Relief Service that plans, operates and support projects and programmes in more than 20 countries in the world. The organization’s East Africa Branch is located in Nairobi, Kenya. The goal of SoH is to address humanitarian and health crises within East Africa while increasing capacity of local structures to deliver effective and quality humanitarian relief and development cooperation.
SoH provide emergency relief worldwide whilst linking relief, rehabilitation and development measures. Support is provided in the Health, Nutrition, WASH, Shelter, Food Security, Livelihoods, Education and Human Rights sectors through own-implemented and partner implemented projects and programmes.
Job Location: Nairobi with travels to Sign of Hope projects’ locations in East Africa
Start Date: As soon as possible
Summary of core duties
- Managing day to day administrative tasks and office operations
- Managing the office filing system, including the Document Management System (DMS)
- Ensuring proper implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures
- Carrying out administrative follow-up of all staff: attendance, duty travels and leave management, appraisal forms preparation, personal record keeping (such as individual sheet, compiled with health history and emergency contacts)
- Covering and supporting duties of the accountant, as instructed by the East Africa Director
- Maintaining a database of all project grants, following up on partner grant reporting when requested
- Managing a database of potential partners and proposals received
- Keeping updated information on donor profiles/mapping, donor pipelines, fundraising opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field from any recognized institution
- Professional qualification in related field e.g. finance and accounting (CPA(K), ACCA).
- Working experience of at least 3 year working in a similar position.
- Good working knowledge of office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Start date: 1st December 2018 or earlier
- Duration of cntract: 10 months (renewable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are invited to submit in English, a meaningful cover letter, a CV with a passport picture, three professional references, salary expectations, an indication of a possible starting date and availability via email (max. 2MB)
To: SIGN OF HOPE - NAIROBI
(Application deadline: 14:00 Friday 9th November 2018) www.sign-of-hope.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates are contacted.
ONLY KENYAN CITIZENS MAY APPLY