EABL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, CGI and UBL. KBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The KAM is the high level contact between KBL and it’s key accounts and will be the “Push” Element in driving profits/NSV, volumes / brand growth. Role is also pivotal in driving trade innovation & creativity in key channels. The role has no contact and interaction with distributors and deals with off trade and future consumption.
Are you hungry for a big opportunity? Do you yearn for a fast-moving, entrepreneurial culture? Do you measure success by what you do as much as what you say? Are you motivated by brilliant execution of new ideas that delight consumers and are compelling to the retailer?
If this is you, then welcome to the Innovation team at EABL.
The role is an integral part of the Innovation leadership team. The innovation team is charged with the responsibility of delivering 25% of the business growth to come through Innovations in the next 5 years. This is a critical task in achieving the future growth for the business.
In this team we believe in acting like owners while holding others to account for highest standards. We have learned that we find a way to make things happen with pace and urgency – we’ve launched products in under 8 weeks from inception and delivered
Finally, we have learnt that the simplest things often determine success & failure. Getting the right idea, to the right consumer, at the right outlet and the right price are critical to success.
Purpose of Role:
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work and shape the future of EABL, one of the leading organizations in East Africa.
A key part of this role is to ensure the use of creative excellence, disciplined project leadership and management in crafting new opportunities and brands from multiple start points.
The Innovation Manager will lead projects designed to deliver against the local market’s programme, priorities and strategy as well as influencing the business with the scalability of projects.
The role will require:
- Inspiring leadership and influencing skills both within project teams, with global teams and with senior leaders around the business.
- Great consumer and customer understanding to generate insights on consumer behavior.
- Strong team leadership to deliver brilliant execution through agency partners for both above-the-line and below-the-line work.
Top 5 Accountabilities
- Product Innovation: Through a natural instinct of what consumers want, lead the development of Concepts, Design & Communications for both new brand launches as well as brand extensions on existing brands.
- Project management: leading the development of multi innovation projects at once, you will be an expert in project management & mastering a range of project management tools will deliver all projects on time & within budget.
- World-Class Execution Launches: Working in partnership with the Supply brand change managers and Commercialization Managers to develop and commercialize the product innovation. Will require clear setting the execution standards and goals for launches, delivering & executing full consumer & commercial launches flawlessly, to time & to budget.
- Influencing & Inspiring. It is critical that you can effectively influence & inspire the cross-functional project team to deliver the Ambition. This means genuine relationships, tough conversations when needed & above all to be a master of inspiring the business to the opportunity the innovation has for the business in the future.
- Performance management: Through a strong understating of the business and understanding the relative commercial levers required to deliver the performance ambitions, you will consistently measure and intervene to make sure all projects deliver.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- 7+ years of marketing, innovation or commercial experience
- Meticulous project management, strong marketing judgement & commercial grounding to ensure delivery of plans.
- Strong entrepreneurial flair to both identify new opportunities & navigate your project challenges.
- Line management & leadership. Leading, inspiring & coaching cross functional team members and 3rd party agencies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply