Mwezi Limited provides quality household goods through innovative in-house credit, making household products accessible and affordable in Kenya. We do this through our established network of community based branches that assemble, sell, distribute and provide after-sales services for our products. We move some of the value chain into the communities that use our products and services, create jobs and share skills. We make a profit so we can expand our network, provide an appropriate financial return to our shareholders and remain financially sustainable.
Position Reports to:Director Sales and Marketing
Summary of Position: To support the promotion of Mwezi Solar, low cost, off-grid solar products in the Lake Basin Region of Kenya following laid down procedures as required; liaison with Sales Coordinators, Community Field Officers, Field Sales Agents to promote Mwezi Solar products; to coordinate Procurement process and Inventory Management functions to improve efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position holder will be responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, and issuing goods to different distribution sites.
- Undertake stock management and ensuring sufficient stock availability in the warehouse all the time.
- Responsible for receiving requisitions from different distribution sites and ensuring stock dispatch to the sites on a timely basis.
- Maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems and the available technology for stock management and control.
- Be responsible for preparing the reports on any changes done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- To maintain record of products received as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness of the inventory records.
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly manner so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever needed.
- Be incharge of stock control and ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated site managers.
- To supervise the offloading process, consignment verification and secure storage of consignment.
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking.
- Responsible for keeping a close eye on the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse at any time.
- Be involved in preparing periodic reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, dispatches, and outstanding balance.
- Liaise with different site managers and other departments to plan delivery of stock to different sites.
- To develop and adopt the best operational procedures and practices for inventory control through review of the current approaches and making appropriate adjustments.
- To continually find out any discrepancies arising in the reported stock figures and determines the root cause for the issue found.
- Be involved in performing all the procedures and activities concerned with the management of the inventory other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least a Diploma in business management or logistics or supply chain management or related field from a recognized institution.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar or related position is desired
- Good team leadership and management skills
- Must be Computer literate with excellent MS Excel skill
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail is mandatory.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take tough decisions
- Excellent communication with good reporting skills.
- Should have good planning and numeric skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with forecasting, quantification, and procurement planning
- Proven skills in using software programs to aide procurement and inventory management is mandatory.
Method of Application
If you are interested please send in your application with a CV and motivation letter stating your suitability and salary expectation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 15th November, 2018.
All applications to be addressed to HR Director, Mwezi Limited.
Mwezi Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, only those shortlisted will be contacted.