Farm Concern International, FCI, is an Africa-wide agri-market development agency specialized in; i) Value Chain Analysis, ii) Profitable Smallholder Commercialization and iii) Market Access iv) Capacity Development v) Enterprise Incubation & Graduation.
Our experiential journey spans over almost a decade and a half, with scaling up having been rolled out in over 24 countries in Africa, impacting 18 million smallholder farmers and agro-pastoralists.
Ref: FCI – HR-001-2018
1. Account payables
- Make payments to utilities and suppliers and maintain accounts for creditors
- Enter all transactions into the accounting system (ERP) identify the proper account codes for each transaction.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense reports and requests for payment.
- Process statutory deductions of NSSF, NHIF and PAYE and remit as per set timelines.
- Collect and verify timesheets, check for project codes and approvals.
- Verify expense reports and ensure timely payment of travel advances / settlement of expenses
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of payables
2. Accounts Receivable
- Assist in the billing and invoicing of donors and partners
- Verify status of payments with clients and banks
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of receivables
3. Cash Management and Banking
- Ensure that petty cash is managed efficiently and controls are observed
- Verify petty cash vouchers and field expenses
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of bank statements
4. Audit, Annual Accounts and Tax Returns
- Assist with tax computations and tax returns for all categories of tax.
- Assist in financial and statutory reporting
- Act as a custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the Fixed Asset Register and inventory control
- Assist in preparation of accounts and other documentation for external audit.
- Assist in internal audit process and compliance with administrative controls.
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
5. Project Support
- Assist in preparation of project budgets
- Provide project financial reports and statements to programme team as required
- Assist project managers in the financial management of projects
- Assist in the management of project assets
- A professional accounting qualification – CPA(K)
- At least one years’ experiences in accounting
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and good report writing skills.
- High proficient with proven analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
Method of Application
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and references should be sent to reach the email@example.com by 9th November, 2018 stating the reference code on the subject line.
The shortlisting will be ongoing as applications are received.
Farm Concern International is an Equal opportunity employer