Viscar Industrial Capacity Ltd is a dynamic Training, Consulting and Resourcing firm that provides innovative Information Technology and Engineering solutions for corporates and businesses. Viscar has a rich history of driving innovation and excellence in capacity building and partners with organizations to enhance productivity and optimize strategic output.
Founded in 2008, Viscar has to date equipped over 5000 staff with skills and knowledge in technology that has improved productivity, increased efficiency and reduced risks in several organizations. . In the period, Viscar has also provided advisory and consulting services for over 20 organizations across a wide range of sectors.
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in Kenya, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position.
Purpose of the Job
The Manager-Core Network Planning will provide Strategic and Operational Leadership to ensure the efficient and effective planning of the core Mobile (Voice and Data) and Fixed line voice network in line with the business requirements (required timelines, budget constraints and quality standards). Systems include MSC, HLR, SGSN, GGSN, SSW, MGW, IMS etc.).
- Ensure future proof Core network design to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external
- Active participation in expansion and growth of the network
- Translate TKL’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the Core Network
- Requirements for the IP Network
- Strategically drive the Design and plan for cost efficient/least cost core, to support rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking cognizance of technology developments.
- Maintains capacity and functionality requirements timeously and ahead of traffic for the PS Core, CS Core network according to departmental KPI’s in line with the company elements
- Develop policies on the deployment of selected equipment
- Approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.)
- Approve equipment configurations to be ordered from supplier(s) including cost control
- Ensures that all the licensing requirements are met and controls budget directly related to any upgrades or licensing requirements, mission, objectives and customer satisfaction indices
- Sufficient headroom according to KPI’s to provide flexibility in customer and traffic growth
- Participate as technical lead in all procurement negotiations with vendors and select vendors based on technical expertise and ability to rollout
- Oversee Rollout of the core network
- Ensure on time planning and designs are released
- Oversee and drive rollout, installation and integration of new nodes and systems
- Oversee, drive and manage network performance in the core areas
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on performance
- Sc. Electrical/Telecommunications/ Engineering
- Additional Training in Network planning & optimization, Advanced Telecommunications and network overview, Supervisory and Leadership Training
- Seven years in Core Network Planning
Key skills and knowledge
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience; with three years in relevant sector/ industry
- Ability to take clear and economically sound decisions in a fast moving competitive environment
- People leadership and management skills and demonstrated ability to build and energize teams
- Strong can-do attitude combined with an ability to take a step back and articulate the strategic implications of key decisions
- Excellent relationship building (interpersonal skills) and negotiation skills, to establish successful partnerships with vendors and partners
- Good networking skills – the ability to build relationships internally that foster the flow of work
Our client a leading company in the Digital Transformation of Energy Management seeks to fill the above named position.
Purpose of the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring resources, competencies and capabilities are positioned to support the mission of a growing transactional business leveraging the distribution channel by:-
- Maximizing control, automation & driving product sales by using technical competence to give credibility and support to the sales and internal teams and to the partners
- Developing a rich opportunity pipeline with measurable tasks and outcomes
- Promoting the teams within the sales team to achieve high utilization
- Equip distributor partners to be an extension to the internal sales force
- Using company tools such as the BFO CRM to manage opportunities and actions
- By continual development, ensuring a broad product knowledge coverage by the team
- Work systematically with each channel/country within the zones to create clear focus on resource deployment, up skilling, and enhance competences and capabilities.
- Map the current state and apply the Industry playbook and create actions to support the transformation to the future state where all offers are commercialized and available for sale and the sales teams are aware and able to make the offer.
- To create action plans, business planning and review on a regular basis.
- Prime route to sale in areas of highly technical consultative applications
- Preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations
- Identification of product differentiators
- Adaptation of the Schneider offer to the customer application
- Advice to the customer regarding his process or solution
- Design of innovative, ring-fenced solutions
- System architecture design
- Standards and legislation compliant solutions
- Solving customer hardware, software and application problems in a highly abstractive, non-repetitive environment.
- Advising on the choice and application of Schneider equipment
- Bespoke training
- Distributor and Integrator Partner Support:
- Assessment of skills
- Learning path definition
- Techno-commercial training
- Joint visits
- Roadshow/Exhibition Demos and manning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5-7 years of technical & commercial experience
- Accreditation and Affiliation with international Standards body and Engineering
Key skills and knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively while delivering under pressure
Our client, a leading digital and energy management company seeks to fill the above named position
The ideal candidate will be responsible for departmental sales: – forecasting and managing the business development and sales efforts of the sales department. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the department attains its booking gross margin objectives.
It will also provide leadership to direct sales efforts and ensures the quality and responsiveness of the service provided.
- Develop and implement sales and business development strategies for complex, solutions-based sales.
- Participate in important negotiations with key customers and assist in negotiations with difficult customers.
- Assists other departments with project implementation, service activities, collection issues and cash management.
- Make staffing and deployment decisions to maximize productivity of employees
- Assists in planning goals and objectives, develop strategies, tactics, and schedules to meet company’s strategic goals.
- Monitors performance and provides coaching and development activities for staffing
- Assist in the development of departmental budgets
- Participates with other program managers and other functional areas in determining the business plan and project priorities, resource needs, and budgets based on the program commitments
- Works with functional managers to establish projections of resources and skills necessary to execute future programs
- Provides input to functional managers for individual performance planning, including goal setting and performance feedback
- Follow up and monitor the progress of the services and projects to make sure that they are on line to the service level agreement and take appropriate preventive or reactive actions
- Account ownership locally, this role typically covers between one and ten key accounts and systematically ensures that account plans are in place
- Executes the growth strategy for his/her accounts, executes the Sales process to achieve growth target and customer satisfaction objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics or related fields
- 10+ years’ experience required in industry sales or other sales and marketing roles.
- Experience in electrical or automation industry is desired
- Three years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience on Data Centre Cooling Solutions/UPS is Must.
Key skills and knowledge
- Ability to adopt the most appropriate selling approach and behavior, in order to secure and maintain durable and profitable customer relationship demand.
- Ability to understand the customer values, needs and environment in order to propose the optimal Schneider Electric solution.
- Ability to understand the customer’s technical and application needs, in order to promote the appropriate SE offer that meets the customer requirements.
- Ability to manage customer relationship, and leverage complete SE offering in order to meet customer requirements and secure profitable business to achieve sales objectives.
- Should understand Electrical schemes, SLD, PCC/MCC designs
Reporting to the Manager – Regional Support, Core Network Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing 1st line support for the core network elements and systems hosted in the data center and general data center management. This role involves 1st line fault management on core network systems, routers and switches as well as other systems hosted in the data center.
- Analyzing the NE logs, carrying out Database Audits, Troubleshooting and solving of arising core network elements faults
- Solving of core network faults assigned through NOC, as well as incidents escalated from customer facing teams
- Providing workable and permanent technical solutions to reduce the downtime and repeat core network failures.
- Schedule and manage Preventive Maintenance tasks as per laid down standards.
- Track and monitor Network and Service KPIs to ensure delivery as per SLAs.
- Installation, Integration and acceptance of data center network elements
- Making configuration changes on Network elements S/W upgrades.
- Provisioning of new core network Services
- Keeping a log of all changes carried out on site
- Ensuring maintenance and support documentation are collected and properly store at the commissioning of a system.
- Carry out Audits and keep records on assets hosted in the data center
- Ensure data center visitors are well informed on safety issues prior to access of facilities
- Ensure all data center users adhere to company H&S policy
- Overall accountability for the MSRs, Data Centres and MGWs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, BSc Electronics, Telecoms, MIS, or related technical field.
Key skills and knowledge
- Training and expertise in Operations and Maintenance
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on Power systems
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on different hardware platforms: ATCA, ATAE, Server-Storage systems.
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of ATCA platforms: Nokia Open MGW, Nokia Open MSS, Huawei ATCA MSS, Huawei ATCA MGW, Huawei STP/DRA
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of Service Provider Networking Devices such Cisco 7609X, Huawei NetEngine Carrier Grade Router among others.
We are pleased to announce the above named vacancy in the Digital I.T Department with our client, a technology driven company.
The position holder will provide leadership for planning, development, testing and delivery of big data solutions based on Hadoop and other open source technologies within the organization
- Responsible for planning and delivery of highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open source technologies including but not limited to Hadoop.
- Responsible for loading the necessary data from sources onto the shared Hadoop platform that are necessary for analysis and for commercial action
- Responsible for developing reliable data ingestion and preparation processes.
- Develop and implement information lifecycle management strategies for data platforms.
- BSc Degree in computer science or engineering;
- 5 years BI or related experience
Key skills and knowledge
- Experience with using Spark, Yarn, Hive and Oozie;
- Working knowledge of HBase, Solr, Kafka and Flume
- Some experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Flink.
- Experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem;
- Experience with performance tuning applications on Hadoop and configuring Hadoop systems to maximise performance;
- Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming or Storm;
- Experience with managing the development life-cycle for agile software development projects;
- Experience working in a multi tenancy Hadoop environment.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.