Fairmont Hotels & Resorts - With magnificent view of majestic Mount Kenya , the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort's 120 luxuriously appointed hotel rooms set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort , relaxation and adventure. Originally the retreat of movie star and club founder, William Holden, the Club's illustrious former members have included Winston Churchill and Bill Crosby.
To assist in all areas of the hotel interior and exterior, with painting, polishing and decorative work allocated by them or through a service request system.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Repair and maintain all types of coverings, - e.g. paint, wallpaper, polish, varnish etc.
- Repair and maintain decorative finishes.
- Repair and maintain furniture/finishes/coverings.
- Co-ordinate the repair and maintenance of large painted areas.
- Ensure that all the paint work in the building is up to standards.
- Regular maintenance of rooms and public areas.
- Supervision & inspection of all works done by contractors that pertains painting.
- Ensuring that set procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that there is enough paint in the store.
- Placing orders of materials required.
- Observing working time as required to avoid wastage.
- Maintain and conform to Room Perfect Program and ensuring no repeat jobs.
Monitor and control supplies and minimize waste.
Ensuring that materials are used as per specifications.
Ensures Purchase Requests raised has enough and detailed specifications to ensure high good quality paints and polishing materials are sourced.
Maintain the cleanliness of the area worked and own workshops
Observe general neatness and cleanliness at all times
Clear all dirt debris and paint tins after completing the works
To perform other task, including cross exposure, as directed, or multi-skill in any other section.
Perform other duties requested by the Chief Engineer, Technical Services Manager or the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Previous experience is an asset
- KCSE Certificate.
- Painter Govt. Trade Test 111. Government Trade Test Three (3)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing, walking, working on heights throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Eligible to work in Kenya.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts career website on frhi.taleo.net to apply