Ewaso Ng’iro North Development Authority (ENNDA) was established on 1 December, 1989 through the Ewaso Ng’iro North River Basin Development Authority Act CAP 448 of the Laws of Kenya. The Authority’s mandate is to plan, coordinate and implement development projects and programmes in the Ewaso Ng’iro North basin and catchment areas.
The Authority is in the process of recruiting a competent and passionate professional to fill the position of Managing Director on contract terms. The contract will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable once for a further period of three (3) years subject to outstanding performance and the achievement of defined targets and outcomes. An attractive and competitive
remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the implementation of the performance contract signed between the Board of Directors and the Government of Kenya
- To implement and monitor decisions of the Board of Directors and report to the Board accordingly
- To provide strategic transformative leadership, draw and execute plans for the effective implementation of the Authority’s strategic plan in line with vision 2030
- To establish and maintain collaborative networks with local, regional and international development partners for investments and resource mobilization
- To manage and control the Authority’s financial, human resource and assets in an efficient and cost effective manner in consultation with the Board and parent Ministry
- To develop, review, direct and manage the authority’s financial and other operational systems, procedures and controls.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, standards, procedures and agreements,
- To provide technical and secretariat services to the Board of Directors
- To build a high performing and self-motivated team of staff and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing staff; .
- To prepare annual Budgets, Financial Accounts, Programs and Work plans for the Authority and submit them to the Board for consideration
- To advise the Board of Directors on the performance of the Authority
Qualifications and Work Experience;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Public Administration, Environmental Planning and Management, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or their equivalent.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ experience in Senior Management position ¡n a reputable organization
- Experience in resource mobilization will be an added advantage
- Experience In managing and Implementation of donor funded projects
- Must be compliant with the provisions of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya (clearance from KRA, Higher Loans Board, EACC, Police and CRB)
- Must be a member of a professional body
Eligibility Criteria: Minimum age of 35 years and maximum age of 55 years at the time of application;
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a detailed CV and photocopies of all testimonials stating current position, current remuneration level, e-mail, contact address, telephone numbers, names and addresses of three professional referees to reach us on or before 7th December, 2018.
Submit your application In a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Managing Director’ to:
Ewaso Ng’iro North Development Authority,
P.O. Box 203-60300, Isiolo