If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Internet Solutions (IS) is a Pan-African telecoms service provider to public and private sector organisations that have, or want to establish a presence on the African continent. We have been providing innovative end-to-end telco solutions and related services for more than 20 years. Today, Internet Solutions is at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and we build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organizations across the enterprise space.
Internet Solutions Kenya has Vacancy for Country Manager – Continuity East Africa.
The Head of Continuity East Africa Business Unit will oversee the activities of Continuity East Africa. S/he will be responsible for the management of that entity's resources as well as the establishment of strategic goals and formulating plans to make sure those goals are met. S/he will develop new business opportunities within East Africa, grow the business by adding new clients and up-selling into current clients.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for CEA that will deliver the strategic objectives of the business.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Services to enable the achievement of the Company’s vision and mission by delivering the results required by the stakeholders, thereby creating shareholders’ value
- Use their business acumen and strategic planning skills in conjunction with the information received from business development activities to define the way the sales force will approach the market and to determine the targets that the sales force should achieve and strive to exceed.
- Accountable for creating turn-around solutions to ensure that sales plans are met irrespective of current market situation.
- Sales targets and process
- Oversee the co-ordination of sales activities across the geography to ensure that a consistent go-to market approach is followed and that all clients are approached in a planned and coordinated way.
- Overall co-ordination of the activities of their sales teams, setting and measuring performance targets, account allocation and enforcing the execution of the client account plans.
- Overall pipeline management and accurate forecasting.
- Engage with vendors and partners to create go-to-market strategies with the sales teams.
- Take ownership of the full sales process and contributes to the pre-sales process as required.
- Update and follow the go to Market Strategy GTMS as defined and accepted by the Steering Committee
- Client engagement
- Effectively articulate how CEA can add value through its services and solutions.
- leverage their relationship skills and knowledge of the client environment to assist and influence the client at every stage of the sales process.
- Lead the team by example, and continuously drive for client satisfaction by ensuring that the sales teams display the appropriate level of client engagement.
- Scrutinize and optimize the value contribution of people, process and technology along the client’s journey over the course of the relationship.
- Operational management:
- Develop and implement the necessary structure in the company so as to offer the full span of BCP services (including off-site recovery, consultancy and training) to customers
- Implement value-adding innovative solutions pertaining to Business Continuity Services and Disaster Recovery Services
- Oversee the operation of the Disaster Recovery Centre and the service levels provided to customers
- Develop and implement publicity of Disaster Recovery, BCP / BCM Services through a well-planned marketing exercise targeting the specific segments in a systematic manner
- Oversee the maintenance of an off-site recovery center, data center and client work area facilities
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organisation
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organisational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- People Management
- Act and a coach and/or mentor by customizing their approach, planning for their coaching interactions and communicating expectations.
- Act as a role model, observe the sales team when engaging with clients and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Provide advice and guidance to the team about clients and share examples of client success and failure to help drive improvements in both enablement and the product itself.
- Partner with ISK and CSA to attract the right sales talent and ensure that their team is staffed according to requirements and that all team members are fully utilized.
- Ensure that employees reporting into them are engaged and understand their career opportunities, by taking responsibility for the development and training of their direct reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in the field of Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Risk Management
- Certification in BCM through The Business Continuity Institute or similar International Institution
- Working knowledge of the BCI’s GPG (Good Practice Guideline)
- Working knowledge of ISO 22301
- Technical and Business experience
- Project Management experience within the local market
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing, Business, ICT or related field
- Management experience in leading multifunctional teams
- Advisory / Consulting experience will be an advantage
- Understanding of financial statements
- Managing of budgets
- Minimum of 5-7 years in an ICT related industry, at least 3 of which in a senior management role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Internet Solutions (IS) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply