If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
EABL operates within a multicultural, multinational, multicurrency environment. EABL operates within the EA region and currently enjoys a market share of 61% of 3.7m. Government taxation on beer is light resulting in low net sales value and low contribution margins. Interest rates are very high (above 25%) whilst Ks exchange rates are volatile. Per capita beer consumption is low at 9 litres per year. Economic infrastructure has collapsed which has made communication and transport poor and expensive. Production efficiencies are poor due to age and obsolete technology.
This role works closely with Head of Engineering, Finance Department, Contractors, consultants and suppliers, Procurement Department, Counterpart Managers in Operations and Head of HR.
Purpose of Role:
- Maintain site facility within recommended state i.e. regulatory, mandatory and Diageo standards.
- Ensure compliance of the facility to local standards including upgrade and/ or retirement of the facility.
- Key liaison role with regulatory bodies e.g. NCA, NEMA and City County as regards buildings, occupation and associated Health and Safety.
- Key support to infrastructural requirements needed for compliance with Good Hygienic Practices
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
This position has direct reports of Clerks Of Works and works very closely with Head of Departments mainly Procurement, Asset care managers across the site, Quality, Warehousing and Move, HR, Safety, Security, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory departments.
The incumbent needs to abide by the company values:
- Be the Best
- Proud of What We Do
- Passionate About Consumers
- Freedom to Succeed
- Strong ethical values, authenticity and integrity
- Provide strong leadership and project management skills in facilities management
- Respond proactively to site facilities requirements and maintain a strong robust and effective maintenance plan for all facilities at KBL ensuring that all food safety , site safety and regulatory requirements are fully supported by such plans
- Diligently manage the site facilities budget ensuring that deviations to plans are fully mitigated against and proactively communicated to the head of department
- Diligently manage contractors on site ensuring a high level of professionalism in their work while adopting a Right First Time approach to fully eliminate rework and repeat jobs
- Liaise with other head of departments to ensure that the right facilities management standards are applied without any exclusion across the site
- Ensure that the right standards and technology for civil works is applied on site so as to guarantee the business value for money
- Graduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil)
- Training/exposure on Environment and OHS law and management
- Training in Hygienic plant practices
- Training in Plant Maintenance best practices
- Elements of finance knowledge
- 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing set up (FMCG)
- In depth knowledge in a food processing plant
- Astute capability in influencing skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply