- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Forensic Manager at Britam
Posted on: 5 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Britam
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region. The company offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. The product range includes: life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, Property development and private Equity.
The role holder will be responsible for guiding and leading in the fraud risk management activities within Britam Group.
- Work with the business to guide fraud risk management initiatives around fraud prevention and fraud detection;
- Work with the Group Head of Internal audit to implement and monitor continuous fraud awareness and fraud related trainings within the Group;
- Lead and investigate complaints arising from fraudulent claims or suspected fraudulent activities across the group;
- Oversee the execution of special audits or investigations as may be required by the business;
- Oversee conducting of a fraud risk assessment and identify warning signs of fraud related activities;
- Building a framework for forensic auditing and Investigations and developing pre-investigation processes that follow the investigative methodology;
- Create awareness across the group by building knowledge on risk of fraud and how to mitigate fraud through trainings;
- Build a pool of partners across the group to aid in fraud detections;
- Prepare reports for management and the Audit Committee clearly describing the key findings and practical recommendations for improvement;
- Develop and implement the performance management plan and cycle for team members as provisioned by HR;
- Schedule and assign work to the forensic audit team estimating resource needs;
- Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirement. This calls for regular updates with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements affecting the group;
- As the contact person for the Whistleblowing service providers, review reports from the service provider and initiate action on issues reported;
- Maintain a proper record of fraud incidences reported and provide periodic reports to both Management and the Board;
- Attend and participate in the Management meetings to enhance understanding of the Group’s Operations; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field;
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification e.g. CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA or equivalent.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar position; 4-5 of which should be in a managerial capacity in a busy environment..
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Britam career website on britam.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about BritamSimilar Jobs
- Information System Auditor at Family Bank Ltd
- Relationship Officer at Progressive Credit
- Marketing Officer at Co-operative Bank
- Channels Support at Equity Bank
- HR Manager at Co-operative Bank
- Asset Finance Officer at Watu Credit
- Registered Staff Nurse at Fountain Healthcare (FHC) Ltd
- Project Manager at Equity Bank