If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Orkidstudio is an architectural design-and-build company with a difference. Orkidstudio creates high quality, healthy and dignified buildings, through an exceptional end-to-end design and construction process, which use local materials and promote opportunities for women. We believe that everyone, particularly those living and working at the base of the pyramid in Africa, deserves good design and a healthy, safe and dignified built environment. Over the last couple of years our human-centred approach has led to significant growth and sustained profitability in our business. Revenues, staff, projects, workforce have all grown significantly and continue on an upward trajectory, with 475% revenue growth through 2017 and currently on target for a further 180% growth in 2018.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the position consists of procuring good quality products and services at the most affordable price, ensuring that the product / service is received and delivered in a timely safe and secure manner. Manage, monitor and report on the supplier relationship, quality of the products and any other variances that may occur in the buying process.
Role tasks (this is an indicative, not an exhaustive list)
- Ensure that suppliers’ products and services are of the highest quality and that standards conform to Orkidstudio specifications.
- Negotiate and choose suppliers who can deliver customer expectations and Orkidstudio standards.
- Prepare tender documents, agree payment terms and credit facilities with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain good supplier relationships, keeping abreast of market developments and sourcing new suppliers as and when required.
- Seek improvements in supplier efficiency and quality of product and service.
- Use customer satisfaction surveys to seek feedback on the products and services and take action where necessary.
- Complete all administrative duties and paperwork in line with Orkidstudio SOPs, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and report on any orders or stock that are wrong, poor quality, out of date / expired or incorrect in quantity.
- To understand the Orkidstudio requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of work.
- To work in full accordance with Orkidstudio policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of Orkidstudio Management Systems.
- Procurement of Technical and consumer goods and services both at local or international level, as required by Orkidstudio following the receipt of a properly approved requisition slip or purchase order.
- Negotiate with the preferred suppliers and / or seek 3 quotations
- Write up LPOs and seek authorisation in accordance with Orkidstudio SOPs
- Place orders and follow up with suppliers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the order
- Send LPO to the Storeman Supervisor for accurate physical receipt and inventory of goods
Qualifications and minimum requirements
- Degree in purchasing or supply chain management
- 3 years’ experience doing similar work in the construction sector.
- Due to the nature of the work, the post holder must be reliable and truthful
Other preferred personal attributes
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing organisation and systems
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of oneself or organisation to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Inherent attributes must include honesty and integrity, negotiation, communication, decision making, problem solving, prioritising, attention to detail, dependability, ability to work without supervision and a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary Range: Ksh 60,000 – 80,000 gross per month, to suit experience of level of candidate
Benefits: Private Health Insurance (all staff)
Full-time permanent contract, with 3 months’ probation
21 days annual leave, excluding public holidays
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Orkidstudio career website on www.linkedin.com to apply