If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world. Over the past 16 years, FilmAid has served displaced populations and their host communities in Kenya, Tanzania, Macedonia, Afghanistan, US Gulf Coast, Haiti and the Thai/Myanmar border.
FilmAid designs and implements communications initiatives on critical health, protection and environmental issues. FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change is based on the integration of access, creativity and participation, which drive individual and community change, contributing to positive social impact. Underpinning this approach is collaboration; working together is fundamental to achieving change. FilmAid partners with communities, creators, NGOs, Governments, and the private sector to ensure a collaborative approach to this end.
Position main function:
Efficiently and effectively co-ordinates the financial functions of the organization as to meet overall FilmAid’s goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Systems, Compliance and Procedures
- Ensure the existence of proper financial systems that facilitate the recording and production of accurate financial reports, meet FilmAid’s internal control requirements and safeguard its assets.
- Ensure that financial procedures are followed by all programmes, and systems developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes.
- Continually review and manage implementation of financial management strategies, policies and procedures.
- Continuously review and communicate cost control systems and procedures, including expenditure, authorisation protocols and monitor operations to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with taxation and statutory requirements including preparing and managing VAT, PAYE and other statutory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Document practices including up to date finance and procurement manual in consultation with Country Director.
- Budgeting and Reporting
- Coordinate the timely, accurate and complete annual budget submissions and revisions.
- Monitor expenditure against such budgets and highlight/address over-budget expenditure situations.
- Prepare financial reports, both internal and donor, according to internal and donor standards.
- Oversee the posting of budgets and entries, timely and accurately.
- Oversee cost allocation systems in accordance to donor regulations.
- Verify system’s reconciliation and verifying system’s balances.
- Verify monthly bank reconciliations by the 10th of each month.
- On monthly basis, meet with the Country Director to review overall performance and implementation levels and discuss short term strategies.
- Report monthly on the financial status of programmes to the Country Director.
- Cash Management
- Consolidate monthly cash requirements for all locations and ensuring timely information to the Country Director.
- Ensure smooth cash flow between HQ, donors, country office and the field offices.
- Signing of petty cash for field operations.
- Lead preparation for internal and external audits, financial reviews and external audits
- Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors in consultation with Country Director.
- Ensure good external communication including with auditors, partners and funders.
- Key in developing the organization’s overall strategy and drive FilmAid’s mission.
- Perform any other duties and represent the Country Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualification in certified public accounts (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- At least 4 years’ experience of financial management preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Extensive understanding of donor/partner requirements, regulations and agreements.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Budgeting and budgetary control.
- Financial reporting skills.
- Decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to use various finance programs (QuickBooks, Ms Word, Ms Excel).
- Good planning skills, honest and reliable.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- People management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: email@example.com on or before 21st January, 2019 and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Finance Manager ’ and stating your expected remuneration for this role.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer