At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Responsible for performing the tasks required to install, repair, modify, overhaul, diagnose, test, and maintain the Hotel vehicles, Segway's and Golf carts.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Inspecting and testing vehicles, golf carts and Segway’s; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicles, Segway’s and golf carts functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicles serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle, Segway’s and golf carts appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicles, Segway’s and golf carts records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering diploma from a recognized institution.
- Considerable knowledge of mechanical tools, equipment, materials and practices.
Knowledge of theory and principles of mechanical engineering.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift up to 20kgs
- Be in good physical condition to perform extensive walking, bending and stretching
Visa Requirements: Eligible to work in Kenya
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts career website on frhi.taleo.net to apply