OVERALL JOB PURPOSETo Support The Successful Delivery Of ERM Projects By
- Project managing social consulting assignments ranging from social and stakeholder engagement strategy development and advisory work, through to projects focussed on the development, implementation and monitoring of client social performance and operations.
- Undertaking projects to assist clients in developing and implementing Social and Labour Plans, as well as plans for corporate social investment, local economic development and community engagement.
- Involvement in other social consulting activities as appropriate.
- Involvement in Environmental and Social Due Diligence projects in the region
- Proposal preparation, sales, business development and client management.
- Supervising project team(s) and coaching and mentoring more junior staff.
- Collaboration with social teams across the Division in particular, but also to maintain collaboration within the EMEA region.
- Understanding the interrelationships between ERM practices and policies and how these are applied within the business model (s).
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients through project delivery.
- Client development and relationship management of key clients.
Key Metrics (to be developed with you and included in your Balanced Scorecard):
Core Expectations & Responsibilities
- General performance will be evaluated against billability, budgeted net revenue, PBBIT, RON, DSO, sales and other key financial indicators;
- Achievement of personal sales target (USD 400 k) and growth in sales to clients, particularly in the O&G, mining and power sector in Africa;
- Achievement of 60% useful billability target at budgeted billing rate of USD 180 per hour;
- Feedback received from staff and Partners concerning your role and performance on projects, to be of an acceptable level
- Feedback from staff and Partners concerning your leadership skills; your attention given to health & safety behaviour and procedures on/during projects plus an in-general feedback on how your behaviour has impacted positively to our business, to be of an acceptable standard.
People Leadership and Development
- Provide complex and technical or subject matter expertise and methodology challenges within own area as well as across several disciplines within the business unit or practice area(s), including local regulatory and legislative requirements as applicable.
- Develop external presence in technical area by participating in technical/professional associations.
- Make use of effective working relationships with business unit and participate in global practice communities to ensure strong network of resources.
- Ensure prevailing authorisation and administrative processes, policies and practices are communicated and followed (e.g. Health and Safety, expenses, expenditure, travel, etc.).
- Remain up to date with the external market and client industry trends.
- Share expertise and knowledge within the Business Unit and or global practice area.
- Define actions and utilize resources to achieve project tasks or objectives.
- Measure and evaluate work of those supervising and or project team(s); ensure goals are aligned to desired project results.
- Recognise project critical actions and identify underlying issues/risks prior to reaching “problem” stage.
- Understand how work of the project team and or practice community contributes to the ERM’s success.
- Collaborate across regions and global practice communities.
Client Relationships and Business Opportunities
- Communicate clearly with peers, colleagues, clients, sub-contractors, as applicable, to ensure understanding and alignment around overall project goals and objectives, and across multiple projects as required.
- Understand and adhere to all aspects of the PIC PM model for project management.
- Supervise project team members at all levels to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget and promote their development in all aspect of role.
- Take responsibility for resolving people issues arising from project delivery and providing feedback on their performance and making recommendations for training, escalating any performance/resourcing/training issues to the relevant line manager or PIC as appropriate.
- Cascade practice knowledge internally and externally, both formally and informally.
- Monitor and ensure all safe working policies and practices are followed by self and those supervising.
- Act as a mentor and/or encourage other employees to improve and develop individual skills.
- Understand the resource mix/requirements needed on a project or project element, work to identify and recommend project team members.
Business Results and Performance Culture
- Develop effective internal and external client relationships across boundaries and levels.
- Understand and clearly communicate the attitudes, interests, views, needs of the team, clients, management team and other stakeholders.
- Negotiate effectively within the team and clients resulting in win-win situations.
- Understand client’s desired outcomes and work collaboratively to ensure deliverables meet quality standards.
- Develop an understanding of any relevant business development, key client, innovation and diversification and other market driven initiatives/project working groups and participate in these activities on a supervised basis.
- Communicate how ERMs products and services benefit clients and learn how to identify potential repeat and or new business from existing or new clients.
- Understand overall project goals and objectives and how inputs contribute to the achievement of the team and group targets of projects productivity and revenues.
- Contribute to projects, as assigned, undertaking research, analysis, report drafting, and supervising in accordance with the project goals.
- Manage small or medium sized projects or whole tasks within larger projects accurately, on time and to budget including elements such as: scope and delivery requirements, KPIs, budgeting, resourcing planning, coordinating field and other technical work, and managing health and safety and risk aspects.
- Communicate to project team(s) how practice area goals, processes and requirements are integrated in the business unit, regional and global practice vision, values, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the project manpower resource requirements thought knowledge of the career framework and related expectations at each level, assisting in team selection and or hiring as required.
- Use ERM financial management tools and metrics to ensure that projects being managed are continually monitored and imbalances (e.g. budget variances) are identified and redressed in accordance with relevant ERM policies and practices.
- Coordinate the appropriate business administration aspects of the ERM business model including but not limited to: the accurate completion of timesheets and reports; compilation, filing and archiving of project documentation; and updating of relevant internal systems (e.g. Sales Force, GMS and Minerva).
- Undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time.