If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IRC Kenya is working to achieve optimal performance in terms of program quality strengthening operations and finance department by emerging tools, systems and staff capacity to adhere to IRC policies and procedures and donor compliance.
Requisition ID: req3605
Job Title: Project Manager - CORE Polio Eradication Project, Turkana
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
As the Manager- CORE Group Polio eradication project, you will own the planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of IRC’s CORE polio eradication project in Turkana County. You will work closely with the county health team and the CORE group project secretariat team to ensure implementation of activities geared towards polio eradication by growing population immunity and improving surveillance for Acute Flaccid Paralysis at the county level.
Technical Coordination and support:
- You will participate in the planning, execution and monitoring of routine immunization and supplemental immunization activities within the county and provide project oversight as per the project deliverables.
- Participate and provide support as guided by the project priorities in AFP surveillance, polio outbreak investigation, case and contact tracing.
- You are expected to work hand in hand with the county disease surveillance coordinator in organizing for and training health facility staff at the facility level on polio and immunization.
- Take part in Cross border meetings and implementation of cross border polio eradication activities.
Finance And Grant Management
- Lead the CORE polio project budget management, ensuring spending is maintained within appropriate margins.
- Identify and respond to project needs, implement activities, and conduct follow-up to ensure project success.
- Monitor timeliness, quality and progress of project deliverables as per the work plans and implementation plans in place.
- Ensure timely documentation and use of information to continuously improve the quality and performance of the project.
Communication And Documentation
- Craft and maintain project related record-keeping system and provide accurate documentation of all reporting forms.
- Provide material related to project progress and update both internal and external use.
- Assist in the development of publications and communication materials wherever possible.
Coordination, Representation And Advocacy
- Implement effective communication strategies to maintain strong correspondence among partners.
- Create and maintain relationships with key project counterparts and partners.
- Degree or Diploma in nursing, clinical medicine or medicine.
- Advanced degree in Public health is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in immunization and community health programs with at least 2 years’ experience at project management level.
- Experience working closely with Ministry of Health on disease surveillance and immunization programs/activities at county or national level.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email and database (HMIS, PEPFAR database, EPI-Info) experience.
- Strong assessment, project planning, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills (Written and Spoken).
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and flexibility.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on rescue.csod.com to apply