If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia, Djibouti and Ethiopia. AAH-I has over 30 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
To oversee and coordinate efficient and high quality administrative function at the AAH-I Headquarters; To be responsible for the provision of efficient and effective procurement management support while exercising a high degree of integrity and accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration and Logistics
- Design, implement and oversee the maintenance of administrative systems for the efficient functioning of the office.
- Coordinate and manage the leased Nachu plaza office space.
- Maintain and organize insurance of office equipment through organizing routine maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for the organization through liaising with travel agents and country administration for timely cost effective booking arrangements.
- Efficiently arrange for meetings/workshops, manage logistics including office errands.
- Oversee efficient travel arrangements for staff and visitors at all times.
- Liaise with the Regional Finance Manager to oversee management of fixed assets and insurance coverage
- Maintain inventory database and appropriate reports as and when required
- Perform administrative duties for the Finance and Administration Director relating to board meetings.
- Provide administrative oversight on work place health and safety.
- Oversee the procurement of all office supplies and services, auditing and approval of all contracts and payment document ensuring acceptable documentation, standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure prequalification of suppliers is done professionally and act as secretary to the procurement committee
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Oversee the negotiations, preparation, approval and execution of contracts, develop MoUs and SLAs that ensure cost savings and AAH-I interests are considered
- Participate in drawing up and reviewing contracts and leases
- Produce monthly Administration reports to monitor achievement and advice on progress against strategic needs of the organization.
- Produce monthly reports on status of procurement requests and LPO commitments and share with the Regional Finance Manager.
- Prepare other monthly reports as required from time to time.
- Supervise and provide adequate guidance, supervision and support to the Assistant Administration Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Training in supply chain or procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years work experience, 3 of which should be on a similar role.
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications
Additional Skills & Competences
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management
- Experience in working in a multi- cultural environment.
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage multiple priorities in cross-cultural teams and prioritize under pressure
- Able to respond to deadlines.
- Well-organized in work and filing systems.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service orientation.
- Strong computer skills, with solid proficiency in managing databases and Excel.
- Able to work under pressure in a busy work environment
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 25th January, 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.