Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Inc. provides the construction industry with Trimble SketchUp for preliminary design and Trimble Building Information Modeling (BIM) and structural design and analysis software solutions that are in the core of the construction workflow among other industry standard broad range of integrated suite of products. The solutions allow customers to achieve greater competitive edge through improved collaboration, efficiency and accuracy. Trimble’s building solutions are used for realizing projects around the world from housing and bridges to factories and skyscrapers.
This is a regional role out of Trimble regional office in Nairobi, Kenya or Accra, Ghana. The candidate is responsible for developing a strong demand that creates sales opportunities for Trimble Building Solutions in sub-Saharan Africa. This position reports directly to Regional Sales Manager based in the Nairobi Office in Kenya or Continent Manager for Africa if the role is based out of the Accra office, Ghana.
As a Regional Sales Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Develop a sustainable business plan for Trimble Architecture and Design for Sub-Saharan Africa, in alignment with the global strategy for Africa, to increase market share and sales revenue for the Architecture and Design business area.
- Identify and appoint channel distribution partners across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Achieve regional sales targets and assigned strategic goals.
- Manage and control sales process to achieve predictable pipeline from prospecting, qualifying, management and sales closure, working with channel partners and strategic enterprise customers.
- Design and execute demand and lead-generation initiatives to create opportunities and a build healthy sales pipeline.
- Train channel partners and customers on Trimble Architecture and Design solutions.
- Work with Trimble’s Regional Consolidated Sales Manager on assigned objectives to increase presale and post-sales support.
- Respond to, prioritize, follow-up and resolve customers questions/issues as defined by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Provide input on competitive products and activities.
- Identify strategic account and develop executive relationships as well as strategic account plans to win and grow key accounts.
- Manage and maintain good customer relationship and service to attain excellent customer satisfaction and renewal business.
Qualification And Job Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Architecture & Design, a postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
- Membership of a Professional Body and relevant post qualification experience in Africa,will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5-year post qualification professional experience in the use of CAD software.
- Knowledge of professional architectural design software mandatory (e.g. Sketchup, ArchiCAD, Revit etc.)
- Possess good understanding of construction business, practices, policies, processes and challenges.
- Candidate should have good contacts within the Developers/Owner/Government Agencies, Contractors, Consultants and Fabricator and experienced in engaging customers at top management level proficiently.
- Candidate must have strong presentation skills, written and oral communication abilities as well as the ability to foster team collaboration.
- Willingness to travel in Africa.
- Languages required: English, French will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Trimble Inc. career website on careers.trimble.com to apply