If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cargill’s 155,000 employees across 70 countries work relentlessly to achieve our purpose of nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. We combine 153 years of experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. Side-by-side, we are building a stronger, sustainable future for agriculture. For more information, visit cargill.com and our News Center at cargill.com/news.
As a member of the HR Solutions team in Kenya, the individual will have dual responsibility as an Employee Experience Specialist and as an Employee/Industrial Relations Specialist. The role will provide HR solutions and support to two legal entities across three locations in Kenya.
- Partner with business and provide HR Solutions as a consultant to the business and coach for managers, educating the business and employees with regards to Global HR Solutions organisation and function.
- Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships which may include business leaders, hiring managers, other HR professionals, industry contacts and employees
- Collaborate with Europe based Global HR Solutions function leads to support talent management, talent acquisition, compensation, development and retention.
- Deliver services to the business such as operational workforce planning, onboarding and assimilation, local training delivery, employee engagement, performance management and recognition programs.
- Ensure consistent adherence to HR policies and practices locally and make sure such policies and practices are compliant with Cargill corporate guidelines, country labour and manpower regulations, Social Framework and EHS rules.
- Recommend solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers.
- Guide and support managers and employee through global processes relating to as examples compensation cycles and performance management.
- Support new processes or change initiatives from the business and the Global organisation.
- Manage all employee and industrial relations for the locations ensuring adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor ER/IR legislation changes and industry practices and propose internal changes to policy and practices to ensure compliance.
- Educate supervisors/managers on interpretation of employment policies, regulatory requirements, collective bargaining according to local law, and internal policy & standards.
- Liaise closely with internal and external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities
- Participate in union negotiations, managing compliance & relationship. Prepare managers for participation
- Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resources, Social Sciences, Arts or Business
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Must have a current practicing certificate with iHRM
- Must have strong demonstrated IR experience
- Experience of working with management in a complex business environment
- Working in a multi-national / matrix organisation
- Payroll experience
- Experience of difficult blue-collar labour-intensive environments
- Active participation in trade union & bargaining council negotiations
- Experience in the Commodity Trading, Silo or Shipping and Tea warehousing industry an advantage
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated experience positively influencing and collaborating with business and HR leaders
- Data Privacy management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement HR processes and client focused solutions
- Good ability to management multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability and confidence to engage and influence at senior levels
- Fluent in English due to the nature of our international organization, a good command of Kiswahili language is desirable,
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
[AGENCY DISCLAIMER: Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters can be found on cargill.com/careers]
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cargill career website on cargill.taleo.net to apply