If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- VN No: IOMKCO/VN/026/2018
General Service Staff, Grade NO-B**
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of National Radiology Officer and overall supervision of the Regional Quality Management & Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support and contributing to the different Tele radiology services and reporting on chest radiographs of Migrants and refugees from IOM MHD field operations and non-IOM panel sites from different parts of the world under the different health assessment programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Primary CXR reading and monitoring of radiologist work
- Review and correctly interpret the digital screening chest X-rays (CXRs) using the tele- radiology systems. Identify radiological signs of TB and other incidental findings in accordance with the technical guidelines of the resettlement countries. Compare the current with previous CXR findings and document the change, for cases with follow-up radiographs.
- Assess quality of chest radiographs to meet optimal diagnostic criteria and the required standards. Request for repeat CXR when the CXR is suboptimal and for additional view when needed. Recommend for further imaging by documenting in the system when needed.
- Submit the CXR reports to eMedical websites for Canada and Australia cases. Use UKTB
- Global website for reporting cases under UKTB programme.
- Coordinate with and guide the Radiographers and the Medical Clerks on the different country operations X-ray units for optimizing the CXR quality, timely eMedical completion, and delivery of the reports.
II. Quality assurance and quality control support
- Review the queries and feedback of Panel physicians on the CXR reports. Discuss and explain the findings of the CXR images, and if correction is needed, revise the report accordingly
- In coordination with the Nairobi Radiology Coordinator, get second opinion for clarifying suspicious CXR findings, for addressing any service process concerns in the unit and any related issues.
- Ensure that the radiological reporting process is fraudless. Participate in internal and external image quality and CXR reports quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) measures 9. Provide second opinion confirmatory for CXR reading requests coming from different IOM
field operations globally when needed
- Participate in the process of the IOM global Teleradiology QC control CXR reading and
Administrative and technical guidance support
- In coordination with the National Radiology Coordinator and consultant Radiologists on call, prepare the weekly IOM Teleradiology Radiologists duty schedule according to the caseload and the timing of the image transfer from local missions
- Assist in the preparation of radiological presentations and quarterly/yearly reports, and Other MHD publications and reports produced by the Center.
- Assist in reviewing the monthly report of Tele radiology primary reading and quality control analysis stat reports prior to submission to the country operations and resettlements countries, and cooperate in CXR related statistical works. 14. Participate in regular Radiologist staff training, image viewing sessions and internal
- Feedback to consultant Radiologists to maintain the quality of the Tele radiology service and staff capacity building.
- In coordination with the Nairobi and Global Radiology Coordinator, assist in developing radiology guidelines or standard operating procedures (SOP) and training materials.
- Arrange and make sure back up Radiologist is available for the service when going on leave. If needed, assist in establishing and training backup local radiologists.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address KCOrecruitmentMHD@iom.int referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 28 January, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.