Our client, a large Coffee Farm located in Kiambu is currently looking for a qualified, hands-on and motivated Farm Manager.
The farm is 900 acres with about 200 employees
Purpose of the Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall production, workshop, irrigation and factory activities.
He/she MUST have 10-15 years managerial experiences preferably in a coffee plantation and demonstrate hands-on experiences managing an estate.
Reportees: Assistant Farm Manager, Clerks, Supervisors and Farm staff
- Overall management and cost control of the farm department.
- Establish the farm’s development and cropping plan.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to all budgets, targets and costing of operations.
- Plan and be responsible for the training, mentoring and monitoring of all farm employees
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm
- Comply with NEMA regulations
- Weekly across the board progress reports with ownership
- Regular performance appraisals of all farm employees to ensure standards are upheld
- Must have a relevant bachelor degree in Agriculture.
- 10-15 years work experience in a management level in a coffee estate is preferred
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Good understanding of accounting principles and cost analysis.
- Strong data management skills
- Firm grasp of large-scale commercial coffee estate management is preferred.
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Knowledge and experience of coffee cultivation, irrigation, technical and processing.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day - time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Farm Manager on the Subject line.